Floating
Bouncing back and one day I am gonna grow wings
A chemical reaction
Hysterical and useless
Hysterical and

Let down and hanging around
Crushed like a bug in the ground
Let down and hanging around
Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    This song is musical mastery. 2:29 to the end is as good as it gets. Once the buildup explodes at 3:41, it's an eargasm for me every time.
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    I remember listening to OK Computer properly for the first time and being blown away by how PERFECTLY Exit Music plays into this song. There's no other word, it's just perfect. Even thom has said in interviews that when it came to the tracklisting they all knew these two had to go together.

Really great song, I'd love to hear it live.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    yea this song came on my ipod yesterday while running the final stretch home and the "you know where you are" part with the layered vocals just gave me chills, i love when you get that feeling from music
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    hodge wrote:
    yea this song came on my ipod yesterday while running the final stretch home and the "you know where you are" part with the layered vocals just gave me chills, i love when you get that feeling from music

you know where you are!!!
  • stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    cc10106 wrote:
    This song is musical mastery. 2:29 to the end is as good as it gets. Once the buildup explodes at 3:41, it's an eargasm for me every time.
    so fucking true...
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • All things considered this might be the best song I've ever heard.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    This might be my favourite song on OK Computer. Thanks for making me listen to it again.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • This song always gives that feeling of something magical showering all around me. It takes me to another place. One of my favorites of all time.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • When you read the dream that inspired Thom to write it all the imagery will suddenly click and you'll know what he's talking about. At least it did for me..
    This track was recorded in the ballroom of actress Jane Seymour's mansion at 3 A.M. It closes with computerized sounds created by ZX Spectrum computers, which all the members of Radiohead owned in the 1970s. Jonny explains what it's all about: "It's like when Andy Warhol said he enjoyed being bored. It's about that feeling that you get when you're not in control of it - you just go past thousands of places and thousands of people and you're completely removed from it."

Thom : "I was pissed in a club, and I suddenly had the funniest thought I'd had for ages - what if all the people who were drinking were hanging from the bottles... if the bottles were hung from the ceiling with string, and the floor caved in, and the only thing that kept everyone up was the bottles? It's also about an enormous fear of being trapped."
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    My favorite Radiohead song, period. I know they played it once or twice a few years back, but they rarely play it live and I would love it see it.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Additional generic praise from me for Let Down. Is good, yes?
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850
    I like the guitars on this song. and most of OK Computer
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com