Barenaked Ladies

stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Anyone here a fan?..They have some pretty catchy tunes, and they are pretty talented musically. The lyrics are sometimes pretty funny too. :)

Just wondering if anyone else likes them.
Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normally i don't post in a thread liek this if i don't liek the band, but in this case i hate them so much i have to make an exception.

they stank
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Anyone here a fan?..They have some pretty catchy tunes, and they are pretty talented musically. The lyrics are sometimes pretty funny too. :)

Just wondering if anyone else likes them.

Been a fan since day 1. They are from my hometown so I was there at our city hall when they signed their record deal and did an impromptu 4 song set. (from their indy cassette they had out...God I'm old).

They are very funny guys. They just played the ACC last Friday. I worked the show and it was GREAT.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I like alot of their songs. I thought their stunt album was excellent, and the one with "the old apartment" (Rock specticle I think it's called :confused: ) was pretty damn good too. These guys have fun playing quirky poppy songs and they have some quite catchy one's too. They remind me of the presidents of the USA... These kind of bands say "hey, we are having fun playing music, and have some catchy stuff to make you want to dance".
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    they keep getting better.......and their fan club put us center stage first row last tour.......and they always meet and greet the fans after the show out by the bus.......how great is that?
  • my cousin would always play their songs by the campfire and my first real concert was bnl. They make some great songs and can't be overlooked...ever

lol, what the helll. sorry a few soco's & limes + many beers = drunk posts. Barenaked ladiees are still great though
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • not4unot4u Posts: 512
    big fan actually
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    call & answer
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
    falling for the first time
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Gordon was great
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • they are very talented and have a tremendous sense of humor. their christmas album is awesome- got some really cheesy christmas songs played on a crappy organ that is hilarious to listen to, and some other songs that are just very well-written.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • I love them too. Really looking forward to seeing them in London at the end of March.
    payed homage to pearl jam for a fundrasier broadcast on tv covering RITFW at the end with a bunch of awesome canadian artists including da hip.