For Dream Theater Fans...

stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
edited February 2007 in Other Music
From the bands myspace...Mike Portnoy himself wrote this...

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

SYSTEMATIC CHAOS Track Listing!

Hey Gang,
Well we just mastered the album today, so it is now officially finished and will be in the hands of Roadrunner Records tomorrow!!

In order to be able to release the info before some obscure fan website in Poland does, here's the final track listing and Production credits for ya:

DREAM THEATER - SYSTEMATIC CHAOS
1. In The Presence of Enemies Pt.1
2. Forsaken
3. Constant Motion
4. The Dark Eternal Night
5. Repentance
6. Prophets of War
7. The Ministry of Lost Souls
8. In The Presence of Enemies Pt.2

Produced by John Petrucci and Mike Portnoy
Engineered and Mixed by Paul Northfield

More info is coming soon, so stayed tuned!
MP
Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hell yeah
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • uber cool... looks like the release date is set for June 2007.

I heard the new album finally breaks the pattern set from the previous three:

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence - Sixth studio album containing six songs. The fade-in intro is the fadeout from the previous album (Scenes from a Memory).

Train of Thought - Seventh studio album containing seven songs. The fade-in intro is the fadeout from the previous album (Six Degrees).

Octavarium - Eighth studio album containing eight songs. The fade-in intro is the fadeout from the previous album (Train of Thought).
  • uber cool... looks like the release date is set for June 2007.

I heard the new album finally breaks the pattern set from the previous three:

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence - Sixth studio album containing six songs. The fade-in intro is the fadeout from the previous album (Scenes from a Memory).

Train of Thought - Seventh studio album containing seven songs. The fade-in intro is the fadeout from the previous album (Six Degrees).

Octavarium - Eighth studio album containing eight songs. The fade-in intro is the fadeout from the previous album (Train of Thought).

I never even noticed that...

I wonder if one of those songs is a continuence of "The Glass Prison" > "This Dying Soul" > "The Root Of All Evil." Those are some of my fave songs...
  • I never even noticed that...

I wonder if one of those songs is a continuence of "The Glass Prison" > "This Dying Soul" > "The Root Of All Evil." Those are some of my fave songs...

Go listen, than you dont have to bitch about cornell.

no more shows
  • Go listen, than you dont have to bitch about cornell.

That was unneccessary...
  • That was unneccessary...

Cmon I still didnt say fuck. Its cool, Anyway I calle dmy dream theater bud who is a freak witht hem, and he honestly didnt pick up on that, but is burnt.
    So that is a great find for someone because this dude plays and dresses like these fuckers and non stop listens to them.

no more shows
  • Cmon I still didnt say fuck. Its cool, Anyway I calle dmy dream theater bud who is a freak witht hem, and he honestly didnt pick up on that, but is burnt.
    So that is a great find for someone because this dude plays and dresses like these fuckers and non stop listens to them.

Well, the only reason I picked up on it is b/c in the lyrics booklets after all those songs it say "dedicated to Bill W. and all his friends." And, also in the booklets, The Glass Prison is parts 1-3, This Dying Soul is 4-5 and The Root Of All Evil is 6-7.
  • Well, the only reason I picked up on it is b/c in the lyrics booklets after all those songs it say "dedicated to Bill W. and all his friends." And, also in the booklets, The Glass Prison is parts 1-3, This Dying Soul is 4-5 and The Root Of All Evil is 6-7.

Thats great I like dream theater alot, My bud and I have this system he comes over 1 time aweek, and he plays 1 dream album I play 1 pj, than we each pick 1 more, than we alternate nights finishing with live choices.
    I love them live, portnoy is the best drummer ever. Their side projects rule, but honestly do not take up the literature nor keep up with much of their musical theory.

no more shows
  • Thats great I like dream theater alot, My bud and I have this system he comes over 1 time aweek, and he plays 1 dream album I play 1 pj, than we each pick 1 more, than we alternate nights finishing with live choices.
    I love them live, portnoy is the best drummer ever. Their side projects rule, but honestly do not take up the literature nor keep up with much of their musical theory.

I have never *seen* them live, but I have 3 DVD's (Scenes From NY, Live At Budokan, Score) and they have so much fucking energy that is gives me chills. But then I get depressed b/c I will never play guitar like Petrucci...haha...

As for the side projects, I own both Liquid Tension Experiment and Transatlantic albums, and I like them alot.
  • I have never *seen* them live, but I have 3 DVD's (Scenes From NY, Live At Budokan, Score) and they have so much fucking energy that is gives me chills. But then I get depressed b/c I will never play guitar like Petrucci...haha...

As for the side projects, I own both Liquid Tension Experiment and Transatlantic albums, and I like them alot.

Transatlantic and liquis tension are fabulous.
    Nobody can play like petrucci.
    Go get his solo album. WOW
    You sound like you know your music, listening to pj and having these bands in your catologue is good stuff.
    Live they are fucking like a nascar race. but smooth

petrucci/ ruedess is pretty good, i probably have his name spelled wrong but their keyboard player.
    they did a live benifit show.
    fabulous.

no more shows
  • Transatlantic and liquis tension are fabulous.
    Nobody can play like petrucci.
    Go get his solo album. WOW
    You sound like you know your music, listening to pj and having these bands in your catologue is good stuff.
    Live they are fucking like a nascar race. but smooth

petrucci/ ruedess is pretty good, i probably have his name spelled wrong but their keyboard player.
    they did a live benifit show.
    fabulous.

Petrucci is most definitely one of a kind.

Thanks for the compliment, you sound like you know your music too...I mean c'mon, anyone who likes PJ has to be cool, right? :)

Rudess is special. He plays his keyboard and the Lap Steel Guitar at the same time. I can hardly play power chords and sing at the same time, nevermind playing 2 instruments.

I think the most amazing thing I have ever seen is on "Score" how DT and the Octavarium Orchestra played "Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence" beginning to end, all 42 minutes...I swear, I was glued to the TV watching that...
  • Petrucci is most definitely one of a kind.

Thanks for the compliment, you sound like you know your music too...I mean c'mon, anyone who likes PJ has to be cool, right? :)

Rudess is special. He plays his keyboard and the Lap Steel Guitar at the same time. I can hardly play power chords and sing at the same time, nevermind playing 2 instruments.

I think the most amazing thing I have ever seen is on "Score" how DT and the Octavarium Orchestra played "Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence" beginning to end, all 42 minutes...I swear, I was glued to the TV watching that...

I havent seen it, is that the new dvd

no more shows
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Thought I might boast and sya that when G3 toured recently, I had front row, dead center seats directly in front of Satriani. John played to my right, but it was still a first class view in a quality auditorium.
    Petrucci's playing was sensational, but teh guy himself came across as mellow and cool. Portnoy had a ball, chucking sticks around, and just grinning his head off all night, shootiong sticks in the air too, and just laughing when he lost them into his cymbals.
    Very cool, very entertaining !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • awesome.....all the DT albums i've bought have lived up to expectations. i never thought they would sign up to roadrunner but i'm not too concerned.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • I havent seen it, is that the new dvd

It most certainly is.

It's called "Score" and I definitely suggest you pick it up...it's got some rare tunes too.."Raise The Knife" and "Another Won"
  • It most certainly is.

It's called "Score" and I definitely suggest you pick it up...it's got some rare tunes too.."Raise The Knife" and "Another Won"

cool beans thanks for the word

no more shows
  • cool beans thanks for the word

NO Prob...and just like Live In Budokan, it's released on DVD and CD.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    From the bands myspace...Mike Portnoy himself wrote this...

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

SYSTEMATIC CHAOS Track Listing!

Hey Gang,
    Well we just mastered the album today, so it is now officially finished and will be in the hands of Roadrunner Records tomorrow!!

In order to be able to release the info before some obscure fan website in Poland does, here's the final track listing and Production credits for ya:

DREAM THEATER - SYSTEMATIC CHAOS
    1. In The Presence of Enemies Pt.1
    2. Forsaken
    3. Constant Motion
    4. The Dark Eternal Night
    5. Repentance
    6. Prophets of War
    7. The Ministry of Lost Souls
    8. In The Presence of Enemies Pt.2

Produced by John Petrucci and Mike Portnoy
    Engineered and Mixed by Paul Northfield

More info is coming soon, so stayed tuned!
    MP

Oh God, please no more records from these guys please!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    Yawn!Self indulgent style over substance.In fact DT are pretty much the antithesis of PJ.
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07