2»

Comments

• parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Alive by Pearl Jam
    Ob-la-di by The Beatles.
    St. Anger album by Metallica.
    Cow girl in the sand by Neil Young.
    Hey Jude by The Beatles.
    Stuck in a moment you can't get out by U2.
    Under the bridge by RHCP (worst song on BSSM).
    That taxi song by the Counting Crows.

and probably more...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,848
    parel jam wrote:
    Alive by Pearl Jam
    Ob-la-di by The Beatles.
    St. Anger album by Metallica.
    Hey Jude by The Beatles.
    Stuck in a moment you can't get out by U2.
    That taxi song by the Counting Crows.

and probably more...

I'd have to agree about ob la di ob la da, but Hey Jude? no way is that a bad song
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    that's the one with the weird distorted vocals right? the chick that sounds like she's singing with water in her mouth? it's boring. the entire rest of that album is better than that song ;)

thats the one - to each their own I guess

It's my favourite (and many of my friends fav) ....and judging by all the people yelling/requesting it at the shows i've seen - and the reaction it gets EVERY time they play it - I think you are probably in the minority on this one
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    culot4 wrote:
    They're Red Hot- RHCP...Whoever thought it was a good idea to put this goofy song as the closer to one of the best albums of the 90's was dead wrong. Sir Psycho Sexy could have closed the album perfectly.

it's actually a robert johnson cover, but yeah sir psycho would've been a cool closer
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    Switch wrote:
    WHAT?!?!?!?!

Betterman...a bad song? Are you joking?

nope.. that song is horrendous. can't stand listening to it

for me it kills all momentum of a show. i usually use it as my "go get a drink" song. did it at the Forum in LA this past tour
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    oppie1 wrote:
    how can this thread go on without a mention of PJ's ..

Betterman
    Wishlist
    Thumbing My Way

aka the trifecta of suckage
    I'm pretty sure I have read about this "trifecta of suckage" before from you. I disagreed with you then and I disagree with you now.

I would say:
    nothing song - alice in chains
    black hole sun - soundgarden (not necessarily bad but it bores the hell out of me. I like Half more than this)
    sweet lew, hitchhiker and help help by PJ (I can enjoy every other song but these)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure I have read about this "trifecta of suckage" before from you. I disagreed with you then and I disagree with you now.

I would say:
    nothing song - alice in chains
    black hole sun - soundgarden (not necessarily bad but it bores the hell out of me. I like Half more than this)
    sweet lew, hitchhiker and help help by PJ (I can enjoy every other song but these)

i still stand behind my hate for those 3 songs.. they're all garbage
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
    I'd have to agree about ob la di ob la da, but Hey Jude? no way is that a bad song
    Hey Jude is the most overrated song ever written. utterly horrible. then again I hate McCartney. he wrote some great songs but that wasnt one of them in my opinion.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    A lot of you people are crazy... thats all im gonna say :D
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    the crunge by led zeppelin
    boris the spider by the who
    sweet lew by pj
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Todd76 wrote:
    thats the one - to each their own I guess

It's my favourite (and many of my friends fav) ....and judging by all the people yelling/requesting it at the shows i've seen - and the reaction it gets EVERY time they play it - I think you are probably in the minority on this one

given the level of awareness of who broken social scene is outside the indie world... i dont think there's any way i could be in the minority here ;) but i take your point. nonetheless, it's a weird song and i dont care for it. maybe im missing something.
  • gleemonex wrote:
    You're crazy for not liking My Wave. One of my favourite SG songs.

Here's some bad songs by amazing bands:

The Pixies - Dig For Fire
    Radiohead - Talk Show Host
    what the fuck are you talking about?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • parel jam wrote:

and probably more...
    you're fucking insane too.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    I always couldn't stand Pearl Jam's Who You Are.. worst single.. EVER. The only song I skip. Even Foxymorphin and Bugs is interesting enough to listen to.

yeah i totally agree. i never could figure out why that was a single...probably my least favorite pearl jam song.
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    my wave is one of a handful of soundgarden songs i can stand, interesting. also, the guy who said dig for fire is a bad song is crazy... that's my fav pixies song.

id add:

dance hall- modest mouse
    into the woods- my morning jacket
    anthems for a 17 yeard old girl- broken social scene
    a man and a woman- u2
    butterfly in reverse- counting crows

wow. i don't know about the other songs but into the woods is probably my favorite song off of z. i'm surprised someone would say that, it's so original and musically it just kicks ass, and the vocals are great of course, they always are with jim james.
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Hey Jude is the most overrated song ever written. utterly horrible. then again I hate McCartney. he wrote some great songs but that wasnt one of them in my opinion.

well I don't get into the rating stuff. but I think Hey Jude is great. I do however wish the "Na Na Na" chorus at the end didn't go on as long as it does. but otherwise, I think it's a great vocal from Paul and the lyrics are very optimistic, like Let It Be in both of those respects.

It has widespread appeal to. that's why it's "overrated." I give my cousin who has downs syndrome a ride to bowling every Tuesday night and I always play this song for him. "Make it BETTTTTTTTTERRRRRR!!" he screams at top of his lungs making my ears start to bleed. but he plays his air piano during the song and has a good time with it.

I don't think it's Paul's best song from that era (1968) though. I much prefer Back in the USSR, Helter Skelter, Blackbird and Martha My Dear to Hey Jude. but it's hardly, as this topic is about, a bad song by an amazing band.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    wow. i don't know about the other songs but into the woods is probably my favorite song off of z. i'm surprised someone would say that, it's so original and musically it just kicks ass, and the vocals are great of course, they always are with jim james.

i just dont like the weird circus thing it has going on.
    well I don't get into the rating stuff. but I think Hey Jude is great. I do however wish the "Na Na Na" chorus at the end didn't go on as long as it does. but otherwise, I think it's a great vocal from Paul and the lyrics are very optimistic, like Let It Be in both of those respects.
    Let it be is one of the Paul songs that I really like. I don't know what it is, I just absolutely hate hey jude. I can't stand it. its cool that your cousin likes it so much though. I guess different music effects people in different ways. I scream for the opposite reason when it comes on the radio :D
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Let it be is one of the Paul songs that I really like. I don't know what it is, I just absolutely hate hey jude. I can't stand it. its cool that your cousin likes it so much though. I guess different music effects people in different ways. I scream for the opposite reason when it comes on the radio :D

I hear ya. and while we're talking about Hey Jude, I should mention that I sort of hate the B-side: Revolution. again, kind of a weird song to hate. I dunno, the lyrics are real good but I hate sound of the guitars on the fast version. It sounds like Helter Skelter done all wrong. I'm in the minority of people who prefer the slower Revolution I version on the White Album.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Brainofdz wrote:
    Radiohead- Electioneering

no way man, that is straight-out rock and fucking roll. great tune off their best album.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

I totally agree. Its weird too because the Beatles are easily one of my favorite bands ever, and Paul wrote some great music, but goddamn do I hate him.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Transformer Man-Neil Young
    Careful With That Axe, Eugene-Pink Floyd
    D'yer Mak'er-Led Zeppelin
    It's Only Rock and Roll-Stones
    3121-Prince
    Let It Be-The Beatles
    Sweet Lew-Pearl Jam