Options

Queen

stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Yeah, so the lady has me listening to more Queen lately. I have always loved them, but kinda forgot about em for a while. They were an amazing band. Show some QUEEN love!!!
Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    How about a crazy little thing called love for this amazing band???
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Ooh yeah! I always ahave a couple of Queen songs on my mp3. I Want it All is one of my all time favourites. Love Fat Bottomed Girls too.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    Ooh yeah! I always ahave a couple of Queen songs on my mp3. I Want it All is one of my all time favourites. Love Fat Bottomed Girls too.
    My lady knows that's her theme song...she's got a hot butt...hahaha
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    Fender_ManFender_Man Posts: 408
    Will always have a soft spot for Queen, A Night At The Opera was the first vinyl LP that I ever bought . Saw them a few times live and they always delivered. Can't say I was too thrilled with the Queen & Paul Rodgers thing last year.
    A Night At The Opera was the first vinyl LP I owned, my wife always said it was rather prophetic that the first 7" vinyl I bought was Little Willey by The Sweet!

Best Queen track "Brighton Rock".
  • Options
    Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Wooo!

Queens of the Stone Age!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    woooo!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Queen!

one of the bestest bands ever. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Nerds! Nerds! Nerds! Nerds! Nerds! Nerds! Nerds! Nerds! Nerds! Nerds!

I'm A Nerd And I'm Pretty Proud Of It!!!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    FLASH!!!!! AHH-AHHHHHHHHH ..... HE'LL SAVE EVERY ONE OF US!!!!!

What a quirky soundtrack ... I love Queen ... so, I can poke fun too ...

While it was probably planned knowing Freddy was dying, having "The Show Must Go On" as the last track on their last album (Innuendo) ... a bit creepy, but cool. One of my favortie Queen songs.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    A Night At The Opera is an amazing record.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    The first CD I ever got when I got my first Discman was Queen's Greatest Hits from my grandparents. Awesome present.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    yosi wrote:
    The first CD I ever got when I got my first Discman was Queen's Greatest Hits from my grandparents. Awesome present.
    Me too.

My fav is Innuendo! Great song.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Queen Live Magic is my fave album that they cut.

Sleeping On The Sidewalk is probably my fave tune.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Fender_Man wrote:
    Will always have a soft spot for Queen, A Night At The Opera was the first vinyl LP that I ever bought . Saw them a few times live and they always delivered. Can't say I was too thrilled with the Queen & Paul Rodgers thing last year.
    A Night At The Opera was the first vinyl LP I owned, my wife always said it was rather prophetic that the first 7" vinyl I bought was Little Willey by The Sweet!

Best Queen track "Brighton Rock".

little willy by the sweet.......me, too.:)
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    oh, and.........news of the world, for me. but my mp3 player always has at least 3 queen lp's on it.......
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I bought the best of album years ago and loved it, thought they were amazing.

Now i cant stand them at all!! Freddy Mercury's voice really annoys me and the music is so cheesy!! Brian May is an excellent guitarist but the style is horrible, aside from on We Will Rock You.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Under Pressure w/Bowie is one of my faves.......as well as "Fat Bottomed Girls" and "Bicycle Race"
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    stu gee wrote:
    I bought the best of album years ago and loved it, thought they were amazing.

Now i cant stand them at all!! Freddy Mercury's voice really annoys me and the music is so cheesy!! Brian May is an excellent guitarist but the style is horrible, aside from on We Will Rock You.

The later stuff is cheesy, and dare I say 'poppy', but listen to their first three albums - Queen, Queen II and Shear Heart Attack. They are where it's at!
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I can remember Bohemian Rhapsody being number one, first time around.

I was never a fan, but I admit they were unique.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,840
    They sure put on one hell of a show. Wish I could have seen em, but I was only 1 when they did their last show (with mercury). Can't think of too many others like Mercury who was a man of pure showmanship and energy.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    If I was older, I'm convinced Queen would be my favorite band. It wasn't until I saw Pearl Jam live that they took that spot. One thing my 7 or so favorite bands have in common is that I saw them all live.

True story---my 12th grade history teacher was obsessed with time machines. One day, he went around the room asking everyone where they would go if they had one. Everyone gave the standard answers until he got to me. I said "I'd go to a Queen concert."----to my surprise he said it was a very good answer.

I think Queen is totally awesome. "Killer Queen" has always been my favorite song of theirs hands down, but I do think they maintained a high level of quality througout their career.

And Freddie was the man.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I am one of the fortunate ones who saw Queen live, with Freddie. It was my first show as a kid.

An interlude -

She's a killer queen,
    gunpowder, gelatine,
    dynamite with a laser beam
    guaranteed to blow your mind,
    anytime.

One of the coolest songs ever.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 621
    Just grabbed a ticket for Queen tonight. I know it won’t be the same without Freddie but they’re one of my favorites and I’ve never seen them. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    ZoSoTim said:
    Just grabbed a ticket for Queen tonight. I know it won’t be the same without Freddie but they’re one of my favorites and I’ve never seen them. 
    I'd like to see them...from what I've seen on youtube they sound great
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana