Audioslave News!!!

bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
edited July 2006 in Other Music
AUDIOSLAVE RE-TEAMS
WITH BRENDAN O'BRIEN FOR
REVELATIONS
SET FOR RELEASE SEPTEMBER 5!

In a recent interview with RollingStone.com, Tom Morello described REVELATIONS as "Led Zeppelin meets Earth, Wind and Fire," adding that it's a "big hard rock record with a funky bottom." Among the album's many highlights is the groove-driven lead single, "Original Fire," and "Wide Awake," about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. "It's probably Audioslave's most political song to date," says Morello.

AUDIOSLAVE recorded REVELATIONS at Henson Studios in Los Angeles with acclaimed producer Brendan O'Brien. O'Brien, whose myriad credits include Pearl Jam and Bruce Spingsteen, mixed Audioslave's Out of Exile record and the Live in Cuba CD and DVD. His history with the band goes back even farther, as he produced Rage Against The Machine albums Evil Empire (1996), The Battle of Los Angeles (1999) and Renegades (2000) and mixed Soundgarden's Superunknown (1994).

REVELATIONS follows 2005's Out of Exile, which debuted at No. 1 on Billboard's Top 200 and featured the Grammy nominated single "Doesn't Remind Me."

The full track-listing for REVELATIONS is as follows:

"Revelations"
"One And The Same"
"Sound of a Gun"
"Until We Fall"
"Original Fire"
"Broken City"
"Somedays"
"Shape of Things To Come"
"Jewel of the Summertime"
"Wide Awake"
"Nothing Left To Say But Goodbye"
"Moth"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• orgirlorgirl Posts: 35
    Can't wait for this and hopefully some more touring!
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    YES! I am SO beyond pumped for this! :D Now we've got it all the juicy info, and it's only a matter of a few frickin months ( :eek:!! ) before we will be experencing the "funky" ass beating for ourselves . :D I'm already in love. Love before listen! Ahhh I can't wait! And come on Brendan O'Brien?! Hell fuckin yes! Talk about getting even more pumped!

Ooo and yep orgirl, then a tour!
    :D

*sigh*
    This is just the greatest musical year in..... I don't know how long!

I remember seeing this article on the Audioslave board but thanks for posting it over here bobasfeet.
    :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    this is not news. we've known this for a month.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    YES! I am SO beyond pumped for this! :D Now we've got it all the juicy info, and it's only a matter of a few frickin months ( :eek:!! ) before we will be experencing the "funky" ass beating for ourselves . :D I'm already in love. Love before listen! Ahhh I can't wait! And come on Brendan O'Brien?! Hell fuckin yes! Talk about getting even more pumped!

Ooo and yep orgirl, then a tour!
    :D

*sigh*
    This is just the greatest musical year in..... I don't know how long!

I remember seeing this article on the Audioslave board but thanks for posting it over here bobasfeet.
    :)

You're welcome.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    hope its better than out of exile.... much better! Will give them one more chance. I dont think Cornell works with the old members of Rage that well.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Got this same email this morning. Don't really care. Audioslave got boring with Out of Exile. I'd rather Soungarden then this. Don't know if I'm gonna be willing to cough up money to see them again.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    this is not news. we've known this for a month.

it's still news

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Oh ... I was hoping they were going to play Iran or something ... Why stop at Cuba? You know, the "Undemocracy Tour" or something to that effect ...
    :P
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    maybe Chris will finally get a vocal coach to help him with his concert singing..

I love the studio versions, but geez is he tough to take live!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    brainofPJ wrote:
    it's still news

for some. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    http://www.tommorello.net/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=7006&view=findpost&p=145828

^ This is either good news, or a review of one really BIG fan.

(PS I don't like Audioslave's drummer)
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    the writer is a gifted writer from UK and went on behalf of the Audiophiles fan club. She's a core member because of her gift....she's done countless reviews/articles of so many bands in mags and online. Yes, she loves Chris and his musical offerings BUT she really truly admires the band as a whole. Personally, her review in some places gave me chills cos I want the new cd sooooooooo bad, you just don't know.....

an Audiophile fanclub member
  • I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo over Audioslave.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    for some. :)

for me...

all i have been following is Pearl Jam :)

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Awesome :cool: !

we've been waiting for that release date since what, december?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"