PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Should have been Bruce's.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Once again, they picked a boring/safe album for best rock record. Grammys are a disgrace.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    i would've liked to see sky blue sky win. figured they wouldn't, so i'm glad it was the foo's instead.
  • So glad they were there to win. Mostly everyone there was too formal and scrubbed up. The boys brought a welcome rough and gritty presence. Thankfully, they were there to represent at least a little of the grunge era.
  • The Grammys are a joke! There is no artistic criteria whatsoever involved in the choice of the nominees or even the selection of the winners. I've been observing the ceremony for over a decade and a half and it is simply ridiculous! When it comes to Music Awards this world has no ceremony to offer that can really be taken serious! Especially when it comes to rock/alternative/indie those awards have proven to be more than useless!!

In the Movie department the academy awards and golden globes are more than questionable but they have at least nominations that make some kind of sense.
  • Go Foo Fighters!!!:)
  • I guess they'll nominate ANYONE in this day and age. As long as they sold a lot of records, the substance is not important.
  • Should have been Bruce's.

Magic TROMPS on ESPG. I can't even listen to the whole new Foo album. It just doesn't do anything for me. Last night should have been a huge night for Bruce.
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Congrats Foo Fighters! Great Album!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    The Foo's album was a moderately fun listen for about a week. Then it got really really boring really quick. It has absolutely no substance to it at all. Didn't deserve to win.

I also think Bruce should have won, but that's just my opinion.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I'm fairly happy with the Foo Fighters win. I don't think it was the best rock record of the year by any means but it was pretty good. I was really hoping that Dave would say something funny when he was on stage but he kept it pretty tame. Congratulations anyway.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.