New Black Crowes single..

bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
edited January 2008 in Other Music
is called Goodbye Daughters Of The Revolution..streaming on their revamped website

Check it out .. it's very good..

http://www.blackcrowes.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    bobasfeet wrote:
    is called Goodbye Daughters Of The Revolution..streaming on their revamped website

Awesome! Thanks. They're playing Irving Plaza in March. I need to break my almost 10 year drought of seeing them live!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • bobasfeet wrote:

thank you :)
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    You're welcome .. click on the mushroom in the left hand corner and check out the hidden videos ...BC/DC...lol
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Thanks for that The Black Crowes are an amazing band.True rock at its best.I just cant help but dance when I hear them
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • joejohnjoejohn Posts: 30
    The Halloween show from '96 is also streaming on there.
    bump for the single!!
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Awesome!! Great song!

Tour dates are up as well. I'm going to try like hell to get to that Austin show.

WOOO!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Atlanta!!

Get Tall!
    PJ Cincy 00, Lex 03, Columbus 03, Hershey 03, Benaroya 03, Boston 9/28/04, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, St.L 04, Asheville 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Hamilton 05, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Philly 05, Chicago I & II 06, Cincy 06, Las Vegas 06, SD 06, EV LA2 08, Columbia 08, Camden I & II 08
  • wcsmithwcsmith Posts: 165
    Really cool song...saw them in 06, loved their version of Pearly Queen...really excited about the new album, but I hope that it's in the vein of Southern Harmony, Amorica, and Three Snakes. By Your Side and Lions were both tottering towards lameness.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • Good God that's a good song, was already excited about the new album, but now I can't wait. Long live the Crowes
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • wcsmith wrote:
    Really cool song...saw them in 06, loved their version of Pearly Queen...really excited about the new album, but I hope that it's in the vein of Southern Harmony, Amorica, and Three Snakes. By Your Side and Lions were both tottering towards lameness.

I'm with you, although I wasn't a huge fan of Three Snakes either....hearing the single, though, I think it's going to be a really good one

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • New video on http://www.blackcrowes.com.

Sho' nuff
    PJ Cincy 00, Lex 03, Columbus 03, Hershey 03, Benaroya 03, Boston 9/28/04, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, St.L 04, Asheville 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Hamilton 05, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Philly 05, Chicago I & II 06, Cincy 06, Las Vegas 06, SD 06, EV LA2 08, Columbia 08, Camden I & II 08
  • the mushroom moves, but i cannot click on it.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • To see new video click on video on top of page. It seems that they have taken the Halloween bc/dc video down (the little mushroom on bottom left). I likey the new song.

Don't you want to see the ship go down on me.
    Edited....

http://www.myspace.com/theblackcrowes

They had the single free for a few days.
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,270
    Looking forward to seeing the Crowes at Brixton Academy in April, only seen them once when they last came over and had a great time. Missed them on what seemed like would've been their last tour due to an exam (which I failed so might as well have not gone and been at the Crowes gig instead!).
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    SHIT! I forgot to buy tickets on Friday for the Irving Plaza show. Guess I'll wait until the show gets closer and buy them then.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Awesome! Thanks. They're playing Irving Plaza in March. I need to break my almost 10 year drought of seeing them live!

10 years?! :eek:

mr. dream and i saw them at msg NYE.....2005/2006? i think...and also 6-8 months earlier at either hammerstein or roseland....right in the front row...for the very first time. they really ARE a fantastic band live, whether you knw their music well or not....just a great vibe and a great time! :)

i too saw they are playing in march and would love to go....but it's like on a tuesday? night or something...during the height of my work busy season...so yea....can't do it sadly. :( eh well.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• joejohnjoejohn Posts: 30
    mookie9999 wrote:
    SHIT! I forgot to buy tickets on Friday for the Irving Plaza show. Guess I'll wait until the show gets closer and buy them then.

Good luck finding tickets.
    joejohn wrote:
    Good luck finding tickets.

It'll cost me, that's for sure. I like to wait hoping for someone to get desperate.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I was at Amoeba Records today and they had a Black Crowes CD just blasting overhead (Three Snakes or By Your Side...not sure which one) and as I was browsing the music sounded so damned good; kept me lingering a little longer than I'd planned. I'd almost forgotten how strong their sound was and hearing it for a good 30 minutes while tripping through a record store is as good a reminder as any.

Swagger-filled rock. Not enough of that going around.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
    10 years?! :eek:

Yep, 10 years. Much too long. At least they tour a bunch, so if I don't go to IP, I will have a great chance of seeing them somewhere else this year.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

lots of song samples from the new cd on blackcrowes.com
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    I'm sure it'll be a pretty sweet record.

Have you seen this yet!!

go Maxim huh?

http://www.blackcrowes.com/Release_MAXIM.html
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    The Crowes new record was recorded in my area. The people who record there love it and make great records.

to name a few......

MMJ - Z
    Ryan Adams - Lost Highway
    Tim & Neil Finn - Everyone is Here
    Norah Jones - Come Away With Me & Feels Like Home
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • i love the crowes!

siked the album is going to be released a day before my birthday.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    warpaint is out on the torrent sites, havent heard it yet, but got it
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Album is out today!! I pre-ordered and it should be waiting for me when I get home at lunch, but I checked itunes just to see if there were any extras on that version and I'll be damn if there isn't an extra track..."Here comes Daylight."

Did anybody order the itunes version? Is the bonus track worth 10 more bucks?

• blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    Did anybody order the itunes version? Is the bonus track worth 10 more bucks?

hehehe. i thought you were saying the itunes cd version was $20.
    my blonde-ness strikes again!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*