New REM

orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
edited February 2008 in Other Music
coming out april 1st ... anyone interested?

here's the first single:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_We6ubpUHZs
Jam out with your clam out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• duh! yes i am superstoked for this...may 23 too...vancouver date....the single is very promising.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i cannot fucking wait. the new single sounds excellent. i wish they would say when the tickets go on sale though! this is really pissing me off!
  • They sound like a band again :)

They sound like REM again :)

I am a happy fan.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • They sound like a band again :)

They sound like REM again :)

I am a happy fan.....

Thank God!

Since Up, I have been facing the fact that "Its The End of REM As We Know It"

I blame Radiohead much more than I blame Berry leaving.
    I have always maintained that Stipe's infatuation with Radiohead has been the single most destructive force on their musical direction since after recording NAIHF.

Hopefuly they have found their way back "home" as a band.

I have missed my sweet REM so much in the last decade.
    :(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Thank God!

Since Up, I have been facing the fact that "Its The End of REM As We Know It"

I blame Radiohead much more than I blame Berry leaving.
    I have always maintained that Stipe's infatuation with Radiohead has been the single most destructive force on their musical direction since after recording NAIHF.

Hopefuly they have found their way back "home" as a band.

I have missed my sweet REM so much in the last decade.
    :(
    can you expand on this radiohead thing. i know nothing. he just loves them or what?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • can you expand on this radiohead thing. i know nothing. he just loves them or what?

Stipe was spotted at Radiohead shows back to the mid 90's, and has been quoted lauding and heaping praise on them.

I just think that he realy let it go to his head that they were some great new sound in Rock n Roll, and tried ... especialy after they lost their drummer ... to incorporate WAY to much of the droning "post-rock" techno influenced "unconventional" song approach in to their music.

To be blunt, the last few albums sound like bad space-age lounge music.

And, imho, i think that is due in large part to the influence that radiohead had on Stipe, specificaly.

But thats just my little theory.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Stipe was spotted at Radiohead shows back to the mid 90's, and has been quoted lauding and heaping praise on them.

I just think that he realy let it go to his head that they were some great new sound in Rock n Roll, and tried ... especialy after they lost their drummer ... to incorporate WAY to much of the droning "post-rock" techno influenced "unconventional" song approach in to their music.

To be blunt, the last few albums sound like bad space-age lounge music.

And, imho, i think that is due in large part to the influence that radiohead had on Stipe, specificaly.

But thats just my little theory.

Its a good theory. Here is Stipe on stage with Radiohead in 98 at the Tibetan Freedom show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS0Y1mGiSUg

1998 is about when they started disappearing into a more experimental phase of their career that didn't do a whole lot for me.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.