Options

wow...this one's for the Dylan fans...

orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
edited June 2006 in Other Music
bob and johnny cash perform "Girl from the North Country"....wow...this needs to be shared:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AugHCCQUh8k&search=bob%20dylan
Jam out with your clam out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    thanks for sharing, its such a classic.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Cool. I've heard that before, but hadn't seen the video. Man, Bob looks young there. He reminded me of Eddie when he would look up when he was singing, so you could just about only see the whites of his eyes.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    merkinball wrote:
    Cool. I've heard that before, but hadn't seen the video. Man, Bob looks young there. He reminded me of Eddie when he would look up when he was singing, so you could just about only see the whites of his eyes.

yeah i saw that too...a definate resemblance....if you want a real Ed/Bob lookalike, check out the cover of Dylan's New Morning album.
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i'm now watching the one too many mornings cash/dylan video and bob reminds me even more of eddie ;)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    kdpjam wrote:
    i'm now watching the one too many mornings cash/dylan video and bob reminds me even more of eddie ;)

yeah thats another good one.
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    long red wrote:
    yeah i saw that too...a definate resemblance....if you want a real Ed/Bob lookalike, check out the cover of Dylan's New Morning album.

I've got that album, never really noticed it before. Now that I look at it again, I can see the resemblance. Does this mean Ed will be wearing cowboy outfits when he's touring at 65? (As long as he's touring at 65, I'm ok with it!)

New Morning, thats one cool album. Title track gets you going, and there is some funky stuff going on with If Dogs Run Free, Winterlude, Father of Night, and Three Angels. Not a starter Dylan album for sure, but I really like that one.

If you like Dylan/Cash, also search this boot out:

http://www.bobsboots.com/CDs/cd-d42.html
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    merkinball wrote:
    I've got that album, never really noticed it before. Now that I look at it again, I can see the resemblance. Does this mean Ed will be wearing cowboy outfits when he's touring at 65? (As long as he's touring at 65, I'm ok with it!)

New Morning, thats one cool album. Title track gets you going, and there is some funky stuff going on with If Dogs Run Free, Winterlude, Father of Night, and Three Angels. Not a starter Dylan album for sure, but I really like that one.

If you like Dylan/Cash, also search this boot out:

http://www.bobsboots.com/CDs/cd-d42.html

yeah, new morning is definately for a dylan fan looking for something beyond the usual...same with Planet Waves...another hidden gem.
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    long red wrote:
    yeah, new morning is definately for a dylan fan looking for something beyond the usual...same with Planet Waves...another hidden gem.

I've grown to really enjoy Planet Waves recently. That's strange to think, seeing as how I didn't know squat about Dylan until 6 or 7 years ago.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Cool video.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    JOHNNY VS.JOHNNY VS. Posts: 39
    Many people into PJ are into great music. Dylan's P Waves is an overlooked gem. Also check out John Wesley Harding and Desire.