Options

tell me about the MUSIC on Tool's new one

2»

Comments

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Maybe I'm being a little deaf here... but is there someone else singing on the start of "The Pot"? Or is it just a side of Maynard I never heard before? Aboot...love that bit!

I love this album really... not as many useless filler tracks but it still flows really good!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    verb_to_trustverb_to_trust Posts: 178
    dee bo wrote:
    WRONG!!! Tool took 4-5 months to make this album. Just because it's been 5 years since new Tool that does NOT mean they have been working on it that long. Every member of Tool has side projects etc.

So maybe they should have spent a year in the studio and actually put together some songs? Its a slap in the face to crap out this Ep after 5 years. And Vicarious is a song obviously constructed to be 'the radio song' for the album. It doesn't really fit together with any of the other songs and sounds like it was just written to be the single.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Tool songs are the result of hours and hours of jam sessions. they don't come into the studio with bits and pieces. as justin says:" we keep playing and record it and see if there are any moments of magic and try to get a little bit lost in it." Which is perfect cause i frequently get lost in the music when i listen to it.
    and Jennytree, yes it is maynard at the beginning of The Pot. it's great to hear him in the forefront and not lost amongst the instruments.when i heard it on the radio early last week i thought it was great. and i still do. along with Jambi, The Pot is my favourite.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    pjdude24pjdude24 Posts: 19
    It's a great album, but you do expect more from tool (especially after 5 years). "Jambi", "Wings pt. 1/2" and "Right in Two" are absolutely incredible, but some of the other songs do not quite live up to them. Lipan conjuring is a cool song, but I wish it was longer and instruments were used in it. The last song is a waste of space, as right in two is a perfect ending. They should of threw in another instrumental instead of the last song. But overall, great album and it's definitely worth a listen.
  • Options
    verb_to_trustverb_to_trust Posts: 178
    i would just like to bump this by saying this cd isn't good