Norah Jones...

orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
edited May 2007 in Other Music
I'm in love with her......again.

dont be embarrassed....buy the new album.
Jam out with your clam out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have. It's fantastic. Probably better than the two previous ones. I like Sinkin' Soon and Dear My Country.
  • feels like home is her best
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • feels like home is her best

thats alright...a little too country for me...friggin dolly parton...new one's great....Sinkin' Soon is really cool...makes me want to swirl a glass of bourbon.
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    long red wrote:
    thats alright...a little too country for me...friggin dolly parton...new one's great....Sinkin' Soon is really cool...makes me want to swirl a glass of bourbon.

Ditto on Sinkin' Soon. What a great song.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Closet Norah Jones fan here - what a voice!
    I love to turn you on
  • long red wrote:
    I'm in love with her......again.

dont be embarrassed....buy the new album.

Now this is a good thread. :D I'm a big fan of her music. I don't have the new album yet, but will soon. I wanna see her when she plays Milwaukee in May.
  • I'm just not into her stuff...the lead single from the new album is magnificent though, very different from her usual sound...blew me away!
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    imho 3rd album is dogshit

all the songs sound the same with one type of structured song rehashed throughout the whole album
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:
    imho 3rd album is dogshit

all the songs sound the same with one type of structured song rehashed throughout the whole album

i gotta go ahead and call u crazy....this album blows away her previous two...you're actually hearing her as opposed to hearing her versions of other people's music.
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    I like her 3rd album as well; although I'm not sure which one I like better between Feels Like Home and Not Too Late.

I can't wait to see her May 2nd! And M. Ward is opening. Should be great.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    8pm Norah Jones Riverside Theater tonight. :)
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    she is great on Mike Patton's Peeping Tom album. how he got her to say "motherfucker" I don't know but its damn sexy :D

I, on the other hand, am in love with Helena Bonham Carter.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    Saw her on Wednesday night - what a great show! Hearing her voice echo through the Fox theater was amazing. The Handsome Band sounded great as well.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    allornone wrote:
    Saw her on Wednesday night - what a great show! Hearing her voice echo through the Fox theater was amazing. The Handsome Band sounded great as well.

Riverside is a nice small place. I can't wait for tonight. :D
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I love her new album!! I just missed her in AC last week though :(
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Riverside is a nice small place. I can't wait for tonight. :D

You went without me?? And here I thought you were "the other Patrick in my life" lol
    Just me