Cult to open for Zep in '08?.........

even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
edited November 2007 in Other Music
http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/L/Led_Zeppelin/2007/11/22/4676057-sun.html

The Cult to open for Zeppelin?

By JOHN KRYK -- Sun Media

Is Led Zeppelin going to tour in 2008? Not only does Cult frontman Ian Astbury think so, he told a Cincinnati club crowd last Saturday that his band is the opening act.

According to several Internet music-news sites, including Rolling Stone magazine's website (rollingstone.com), at a small club gig in the Ohio city on the weekend, Astbury bragged that, "We'll be back next year. Because we're opening for a band you may have heard of ... the name starts with an 'L' and has a 'Z' in it."

When fans shouted out, "Led Zeppelin?" Astbury nodded in affirmation.

Subsequently, Zeppelin has neither confirmed nor denied a tour is in the works.

Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham (son of the late Zep drummer John Bonham) are playing a one-off show as Led Zeppelin on Dec. 10 at the 02 Arena in London, England, as part of a tribute to the late Atlantic Records exec Ahmet Ertegun.

In interviews with Sun Media last month, both Jones and Page were coy about plans beyond the London show, but Page since has indicated he'd be all for a tour. "It's a bit silly not to because there is such massive demand," Page told Guitar World magazine. "It's a bit selfish to do just one show. If that's it, we probably shouldn't have taken the genie out of the bottle."

Plant, however, dismissed the idea in an interview with Uncut magazine: "There'll be one show and that'll be it. We need one last great show because we've done some (reunion) shows and they've been crap."

Rolling Stone speculates that The Cult were probably told by Zep reps that if there is a tour, they'd be offered an opening-act slot.
You've changed your place in this world!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    I'm all for a Zep tour, just based on the fact that it may catapult rock and roll back to the forefront. Then again, that may be wishful thinking.
  • I saw The Cult open up for Billy Idol

What was Billy Idol thinking!?? ;)

The Cult blew him offa da stage...no contest.
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • It's surely going to be Lez Zeppelin. ;)
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I would pay big bucks for a Led Zeppelin tour in the States.

That would be a dream come true!!!
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    I would pay big bucks for a Led Zeppelin tour in the States.

That would be a dream come true!!!

They'll gladly take your money. Tix will be sky high, and hard to get....and the show will be mediocre at best.
    "It's all happening"