Do you know your Neil Young?................

even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Ten little questions to have some fun with. If you are interested. Number 7 is an easy one. ;)

http://www.cbc.ca/cgi-bin/quiz/quiz.cgi?quiz=arts_neil_young
You've changed your place in this world!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I didn't know he was a supporter of Reagan. Other than that pretty easy. :)
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    10 out of 10.........a couple were good guesses.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    cutback wrote:
    I didn't know he was a supporter of Reagan. Other than that pretty easy. :)

"MTV "FAMOUS LAST WORDS" INTERVIEW - 1990

MTV: At one point when you were sort of in a country mode, you were sort of making noises about Ronald Reagan was a good guy...you sort of come around from that position too?

NEIL: I never made, you know, I was never a Reagan supporter in a total blanket sense. I was one of those who felt that some ideas he had were good ideas. He had one point that he was stressing in the first six months of his job that he thought the people in the communities and neighborhoods should pull together and try to do things on their own more than depending on government to do it for them. And I thought that was a hell of an idea and here's this old guy and he's kind of got this image, of this fatherly image, telling all these people in their neighborhoods to pull together and get your own daycare centers happening, and get this and that happening.

I thought that was a cool thing, I thought it was a good thing. So then I'm on my bus, someplace in some hell hole somewhere, playing some show and the good part of it is when I'm on stage and the bad part of it is the rest of it. And these two dorks come on my bus, I don't know how it happened, I swear to God, two jerks from some press service come on my bus and start asking me these questions and I just kind of burnt.

And these guys starting putting down Reagan left and right and everything and I looked at the guy and I said "You're an asshole, you know, you don't know what the hell you are talking about cause you probably put down every damn president, you know, that ever lived. You're a president basher, that's all you do is if they win, they lose."

So I said the guy's got some good ideas, I stand behind the way he feels about this and that, and I told him...I said, I think you're full of shit for dismissing a person completely in every idea he has because he happens to be president and he makes some really stupid moves on one level, that I would never think of making. That doesn't mean that the guy didn't have some good ideas somewhere along the line maybe yesterday about something else.

So with the press, it's so hard, even though print is in black and white, it's so hard for them to make it clear what's really happening.

So here I am - Reagan supporter! [Neil throws up hands in mock humor sort of way while shrugging and shaking his head in disbelief.] "
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    bharQ wrote:
    "MTV "FAMOUS LAST WORDS" INTERVIEW - 1990

MTV: At one point when you were sort of in a country mode, you were sort of making noises about Ronald Reagan was a good guy...you sort of come around from that position too?

NEIL: I never made, you know, I was never a Reagan supporter in a total blanket sense. I was one of those who felt that some ideas he had were good ideas. He had one point that he was stressing in the first six months of his job that he thought the people in the communities and neighborhoods should pull together and try to do things on their own more than depending on government to do it for them. And I thought that was a hell of an idea and here's this old guy and he's kind of got this image, of this fatherly image, telling all these people in their neighborhoods to pull together and get your own daycare centers happening, and get this and that happening.

I thought that was a cool thing, I thought it was a good thing. So then I'm on my bus, someplace in some hell hole somewhere, playing some show and the good part of it is when I'm on stage and the bad part of it is the rest of it. And these two dorks come on my bus, I don't know how it happened, I swear to God, two jerks from some press service come on my bus and start asking me these questions and I just kind of burnt.

And these guys starting putting down Reagan left and right and everything and I looked at the guy and I said "You're an asshole, you know, you don't know what the hell you are talking about cause you probably put down every damn president, you know, that ever lived. You're a president basher, that's all you do is if they win, they lose."

So I said the guy's got some good ideas, I stand behind the way he feels about this and that, and I told him...I said, I think you're full of shit for dismissing a person completely in every idea he has because he happens to be president and he makes some really stupid moves on one level, that I would never think of making. That doesn't mean that the guy didn't have some good ideas somewhere along the line maybe yesterday about something else.

So with the press, it's so hard, even though print is in black and white, it's so hard for them to make it clear what's really happening.

So here I am - Reagan supporter! [Neil throws up hands in mock humor sort of way while shrugging and shaking his head in disbelief.] "

I looked that up when I got the question wrong. :D
  • ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    That was pretty damn easy..
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    10 out 0f 10

I wasn't sure about the Re Ac tor one and the philideliphia question but i guessed right :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    I didn't think that anybody would have too much trouble with it. I just put it up for some light fun on a Monday.

You can go back in to the quiz and go to the achives at the bottom of the page and try some others. Some different music ones in there. Sometimes they make the answer so damn obvious that you LOL at the screen.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    9/10...missed Reagan
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • 9 of 10, missed #4 reactor
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I love Neil, but only scored 5/10. I mean you can give me a quiz on PJ and I'd still likely only get 50%.

I love the music, but I'm a little behind on on the other stuff.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I love Neil, but only scored 5/10. I mean you can give me a quiz on PJ and I'd still likely only get 50%.

I love the music, but I'm a little behind on on the other stuff.
    Only got 5/10 as well, but then again I'm not a huge NY fan and don't know much about him....so I guess I did ok considering all that.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    8/10

I missed the Geffen label question and the question about his Buffalo Springfield bandmate. And I had one or two lucky guesses.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Yay, 10 out of 10. Wasn't sure on the Geffen years question, but went with Re*Act*or.

Also, on question 3 they spelled Wild Stallions wrong. It really should have been Wyld Stallyns.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • 8/10 missed the false question and the benard shakey question... even though i have heard of bernard shakey, i didn't know what he used it for...
    music. love. life.

the stickman's ghost: www.myspace.com/yield1914