Roger Waters Coming Back to North America!

MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
edited February 2007 in Other Music
for anyone who missed his tour last time (including me) get a chance to see him again! :D

YEA!!

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003545589

Waters Bringing "Dark Side' Back To North America

Roger Waters will follow up his fall North American tour performing "Dark Side of the Moon" in its entirety with a spring run, kicking off May 18 in West Palm Beach, Fla. The Pink Floyd principal will be backed by a six-piece band, which includes his son Harry on Hammond organ, and three vocalists.

Waters first tested the "Dark Side" concept with a European tour last summer, then visited North America in the fall. Sans Waters, Pink Floyd performed "Dark Side of the Moon" in full for the first time during its 1994 tour in support of "The Division Bell." With Waters back in the fold, the band performed the "Dark Side" tracks "Breathe" and "Money" as part of its four-song set at Live 8 in 2005.

Before the North American dates, Waters and company are on the road across the world through May 14 in Dublin. The band next plays Hong Kong tomorrow (Feb. 15).

Here are Roger Waters' North American tour dates:

May 18: West Palm Beach, Fla. (Sound Advice Amphitheatre)
May 19: Tampa, Fla. (Ford Amphitheatre)

May 22: Atlanta (Philips Arena)
May 24: East Rutherford, N.J. (Continental Airlines Arena)
May 30: New York (Madison Square Garden)
June 1: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)
June 4: Ottawa, Ontario (Scotiabank Place)
June 6: Quebec City, Quebec (Colisee Arena)
June 9: Chicago (United Center)
June 13: Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl)
June 15: Irvine, Calif. (Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre)
June 19: Oakland, Calif. (Coliseum)
June 21: Vancouver (GM Place)
June 23: Calgary, Alberta (Saddledome)
June 24: Edmonton, Alberta (Rexall Place)
June 27: Winnipeg, Manitoba (MTS Centre)
June 29: Omaha, Neb. (Civic Center)
June 30: St. Paul, Minn. (Xcel Energy Center)
July 2: Milwaukee (Marcus Amphitheatre/Summerfest)
July 9: Boston (FleetCenter)
July 13: Hartford, Conn. (Meadows)
July 14: Toronto (Roger's Center)
ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
"For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• That's good news. I missed him last time.
  • Hell Ya!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Human Tide wrote:
    That's good news. I missed him last time.

me too. plus I have 3 shows to choose from in my area!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    I think I'm gonna go and check him out, but the TO date is at The Skydome, that's crazy!?!
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    yea i saw radiohead in there and the sound wasn't the greatest
    looks like i'll hit up the ottawa show
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Roger's Centre? That's gotta be the worst venue for sound (unless you're close and on the floor). I was hoping to see them again, but hard to justify spending that cash for a show in that beast.

Edit: although it is a saturday night.
  • Anyone ever see him live?...I might have to see him at Summerfest, 'Dark Side of the Moon' all the way through!!!
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    i have been waiting for a long time to see roger live. Hell, if Pink Floyd aren't getting together anytime in the near future, might as well see one of the members doing DSOTM! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Omaha gets a date but Washington/Baltimore doesn't. Fuck him, I'll just put that money towards The Police.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Bump! :d
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    culot4 wrote:
    Omaha gets a date but Washington/Baltimore doesn't. Fuck him, I'll just put that money towards The Police.

Better to se ehim in Philly or NY anyway bro. Hotter chicks. ;)
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    yeah, i cannot wait for this. I will be either at the Tampa and/or WPB show. This has been and continuous to be a very good concert year for me. This show is something I've been waiting to see for a long time.
    Live Free or Die!
  • rizzdaddy wrote:
    Anyone ever see him live?...I might have to see him at Summerfest, 'Dark Side of the Moon' all the way through!!!

I saw him the last time he came to Milwaukee. I think it was at the Riverside. It was a awesome show. Summerfest is gonna be the place to be July 2. See yea there. :D

Anybody that missed him last time, go this time.
  • His band kicks major ass. It's as close to a real Floyd show as you're gonna get. GO.
    Can't Touch the Bottom:
    10-20-01/ 10-21-01/ 2-26-02/ 12-6-02/ 12-8-02/ 12-9-02/ 6-1-03/ 6-2-03/ 6-3-03/ 6-5-03/ 6-6-03/ 10-25-03/ 10-26-03/ 10-28-03/ 9-1-05/ 9-2-05/ 7-13-06/ 7-15-06/ 7-16-06/ 7-18-06/ 7-20-06/ 7-22-06/ 7-23-06
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,777
    rizzdaddy wrote:
    Anyone ever see him live?...I might have to see him at Summerfest, 'Dark Side of the Moon' all the way through!!!

I saw him last year at MSG in NY. Played the ENTIRE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, in album order. I really enjoyed the show. The sound was excelent. I'm assuming that "Summerfest" is outdoors? If you can, i would try to see him in a indoor venue. I'm probably not gonna see him this time, as i've seen this show already, and may need my $$$$$ for other shows this summer, but if i had the $$$$, i would see him again.
  • Anybody that missed him last time, go this time.

i saw him last time and now i'm ready for round 2!

his show is fuckin' great... i figured it would be at least another five years before he even thought about touring again, but here we are. i guess he's enjoying it, which is good. maybe we'll get some new music at some point. or maybe even a reunion? let the rumors begin. you heard it here first.

last time i went to MSG. i'm thinking this time it's philly. and i'm under the impression that tickets go on sale for that show in a few hours so, shit... i guess i'll have to set a bunch of alarms and hope that one of them actually wakes me up.

you can't beat the feeling of hungover ticket ordering...
  • just got my philly tix!!! :D

IMPORTANT FYI: it seems there are no ticketmaster tickets. you have to go here:

http://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?linkID=global-wachovia&ticketCode=GS:WACH:WA2006:RW:&shopperContext=

GO GO GO...
  • I saw him at Roskilde Festival 2006, it was an unforgettable experience.