Marr/Morrissey: Still Friends

MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
edited July 2007 in Other Music
http://news.yahoo.com/s/launch/20070709/en_launch/45025793;_ylt=AjcZ8GaN3kmU9GMIELcUwKyVEhkF

Dotmusic
Mon Jul 9, 10:00 AM ET

Johnny Marr and Morrissey often "hang out" together but never talk about the Smiths, the legendary guitarist has revealed.

The pair are known to have fallen out when the iconic indie group split 20 years ago, and were not thought to have made up.

However, in a new interview, Marr reveals he has a decent relationship with Morrissey, although there appear to be no plans for them to work together again.

"I still hang out with Morrissey from time to time and we talk about many things, but that subject never comes up," explains Marr, who is now a member of Modest Mouse.

"There'd be no good reason to discuss it now. All our lives have moved on. In positive and interesting ways, I'd like to think."
ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
"For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Morrissey has said, on countless occasions, that he would never, EVER do a Smiths reunion ... and even if he signed on, it's about a 25% chance he'd show, and that's being optomistic.

But ... Sting used to say all the same stuff ..
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    From what I've read after he and Johnny were sued by the Smiths drummer Mike Joyce he felt absolutely betrayed and would not ever consider playing as the Smiths again. He claims he and the former Smiths were offered $5 million to play a few years ago and he declined, because "it isn't about the money." It seems Morrissey and Johnny get along well enough. Maybe, just maybe those two would at least consider playing together again some day. Maybe if it was for some cause Morrissey is passionate enough about. It's something to dream about...
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    so true. i hope they do get together and jam for 1 night only, i think that will satisfy a lot of Smiths fans :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    gabers wrote:
    From what I've read after he and Johnny were sued by the Smiths drummer Mike Joyce he felt absolutely betrayed and would not ever consider playing as the Smiths again. He claims he and the former Smiths were offered $5 million to play a few years ago and he declined, because "it isn't about the money." It seems Morrissey and Johnny get along well enough. Maybe, just maybe those two would at least consider playing together again some day. Maybe if it was for some cause Morrissey is passionate enough about. It's something to dream about...
    the sad thing is, if you see mike joyce in interviews he seems totally sound. he just wanted what he was due and if they had given him it, all the ill feeling couldve been avoided. he talks about marr and morrissey with genuine affection and isn't at all bitter. I think a reunion might ruin their legacy though.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"