raconteurs

laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
edited February 2007 in Other Music
wicked band.
reminds me of 70s music. not that im old or anything eh?
"shes stoned said the swede, and the
mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Love them.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    saw them in vancouver a while back.
    lots of clips on youtube of live shows.
    jacks a charasmatic guy
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Just got DE Stijl for my birthday today, listenened in the car on teh way in, the over-hype that happened with the Stripes overshadows his massive talent.
    I know a lot of people who were so turned off by that they never listened, by holy shit , he really is the bastard granson of Robert Johnson !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Jack is a God. I've only seen him with the Raconteurs, and wow they he blew me away (the whole band was great actually). I hope they tour or put out an album in the near future.

Although looks like Jack's with White Stripes for the summer...anyone know if they're putting out a new album?
  • Red Lukin wrote:
    Jack is a God. I've only seen him with the Raconteurs, and wow they he blew me away (the whole band was great actually). I hope they tour or put out an album in the near future.

Although looks like Jack's with White Stripes for the summer...anyone know if they're putting out a new album?

I heard that within the last week or so they were signed to a new label for a one album deal. So sounds like it'll be out soon. Jack's said he's got it written already.
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    I liked the s/t song and Intimate Secretary: other than that I wasn't blown away.
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    I liked the s/t song and Intimate Secretary: other than that I wasn't blown away.

Don't tell me you don't like Blue Veins ??
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Meh!
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    Don't tell me you don't like Blue Veins ??

its amazing.reminds me of "ball and chain"-janis joplin and big brother and the holding co.
    blue veins is a great live song. so much different than their disc version
    laudenum wrote:
    its amazing.reminds me of "ball and chain"-janis joplin and big brother and the holding co.
    blue veins is a great live song. so much different than their disc version

Yeah, reminds me a lot of Sister Morphine from Sticky Fingers.
    I've been a bit lazy wiht Janis, I have only got Pearl, so haven't heard the other.