Options

Here's to everyone who sells posters and vinyls at face value

andydick8andydick8 Posts: 205
edited November 2008 in The Porch
In the world we live in today, where you can see Benaroya selling for $400 on ebay, it must be hard to sell things at face value.

I just got reminded of someone who gave me a No Code vinyl for free on here a few years ago (didn't even charge me shipping!). So I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who does that. If I were ever to sell anything, it would be really hard to do, I think. So I think you're all great. Thanks from all of us.
Add your benaroya vinyl # to the list!!!
http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=104018
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,374
    I've sold a few posters at face. It makes you feel to good to help another fan in such a little way.
  • Options
    I have a Yield and Vitalogy vinyl I got for free from another fan here. :)
  • Options
    pjcincipjcinci Posts: 223
    i have some posters i will sell below face value. heres a description........... ames san fran trio s/n all three for $100. thats $80 below what i paid not even including shipping.
  • Options
    yea it's nice when someone gives freebies. I wish someone would give me a yield vinyl!

I try to help out others as much as I can especially if it is not much of an expense.
    9/29/1996 NY
    9/1&2/2000 Camden
    7/6/2003 Camden
    5/27/2006 Camden 6/1&3/2006 NJ
    6/19/2008 Camden, 6/22/2008 Washington DC, 6/25/2008 NY
    8/7/2008 Eddie Vedder NJ, 6/11/2008 Eddie Vedder Philly (3rd Row! Thanks 10c!!)
    10/28,30&31/2009 Philly
  • Options
    Ebay sucks these days. I found a 'Ten' vinyl at the weekend at a record store in town that I never knew existed, and I got it for £6.50!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    I've given away a few things to nice PJ fans on this board.

It's not purely altruistic -- there is certainly a good feeling that I receive myself when I know I've made another fan happy. :)
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I can add a great big thank you to this thread as well...A very kind giving soul on this board...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...mailed me VS....for free!!!!!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    I think it is our responsibility to sell things at cost as 10C members.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2