Robert Pollard - Moon

cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,356
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Ok, just bought a copy of this cd...recorded live in Cincinnati...his opening set for PearlJam.

I saw him open for PJ both in Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, and I was very impressed. Probably my favorite Pearl Jam opening act ever. I had been thinking about getting a cd for a while and then found out that the concert was recorded and given away when you purchased a copy of his newest album from an independent record store.

Well, I know this is old news, but I've just started listening to it again, and man is it terrific. I love the live stuff. Anyhow, in case this slipped by anyone else out there, try to get your hands on it if you like Pollard or just want a great live album.
hippiemom = goodness
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    you've got to be kidding! I hated his opening act during Pittsburgh....yuck! He was so drunk that he could barely stand up...let alone sing anything!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    yeah Pollard is the man. The live record is especially great!

definitely one of my favorites of 06. Eddie sings on the last song too....Love is Stronger than Witchcraft.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    It is indeed a pretty awesome recording. I wish he would have opened the Denver show.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,356
    yield2me wrote:
    you've got to be kidding! I hated his opening act during Pittsburgh....yuck! He was so drunk that he could barely stand up...let alone sing anything!

Nope. After a long line a crappy Pearl Jam opening bands (19 shows...some repeat openers) Robert Pollard was a breath of fresh air...funny thing, my 2nd fav opening act for Pearl Jam was probably Iggy Pop back in 1998. I never would have guessed that either.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Ok, just bought a copy of this cd...recorded live in Cincinnati...his opening set for PearlJam.

I saw him open for PJ both in Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, and I was very impressed. Probably my favorite Pearl Jam opening act ever. I had been thinking about getting a cd for a while and then found out that the concert was recorded and given away when you purchased a copy of his newest album from an independent record store.

Well, I know this is old news, but I've just started listening to it again, and man is it terrific. I love the live stuff. Anyhow, in case this slipped by anyone else out there, try to get your hands on it if you like Pollard or just want a great live album.
    Pollard is great!
    Which independent record store in Cincinnati did you find this at?
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,356
    Pollard is great!
    Which independent record store in Cincinnati did you find this at?

Sorry, I don;t live in the 'nati anymore...I bought it off of ebay for a buck. Check out ebay...also there is a store in INdy that will ship it to you, go to Pollard's website and look around I believe there is a link.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Ok, just bought a copy of this cd...recorded live in Cincinnati...his opening set for PearlJam.

Great CD! It's a real shame that Bob is pretty much retiring from touring. At least I got to see GBV before it came to a stop.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.