Alice in Chains biopic

beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Anyone aware of this?

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080228f.php

Unknown 30-year-old actor Lathan McKay has been tapped to play late Alice in Chains singer Layne Staley in the upcoming biopic "Get Born Again"

McKay, an Austin, Texas, native who looks eerily like Staley, was tapped for the role after meeting with journalist Adriana Rubio, who wrote the book on which the movie is based.

According to a MySpace page for the movie, McKay has been working with a band called Motherweiser to hone his vocals for the project.
"Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    sounds cool.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Didn't really think the AIC story is THAT interesting! Anything for a bit o'money eh?
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • I read tha book Adriana Rubio wrote called "Angry Chair". It could be the most poorly written garbage I have ever written. Just a terrible book all around.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    well they couldnt have picked a closer lookin guy.... aic is all about the $$$ now. jerry cantrell is a snob now.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    well they couldnt have picked a closer lookin guy.... aic is all about the $$$ now. jerry cantrell is a snob now.

Wow thats really cool that you know Cantrell, and you get to hang out with the band, because how else would somebody if someone was a snob or why a band was still touring.

(if it was all about the money they would've got someone from a cover band and they would've done it sooner.)
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    aic is all about the $$$ now. jerry cantrell is a snob now.

you're right. I think it's so obvious they're after the money how they release every concert on cd, and a new dvd every tour, and a limited edition collector book with all their tour posters, and..., oh wait, that's not AIC.
  • Sounds pretty cool, although I wouldn't have thought that there was THAT much story to tell.
  • wcsmithwcsmith Posts: 165
    I don't get people who are pissed at Jerry Cantrell for continuing AIC. Who besides Jerry has the right to dictate what he can and can't do with his musical abilities? If you think that AIC died with Layne, don't listen and don't go to shows. For my part, I've seen Jerry Cantrell twice with the current lead singer and it was awesome!

In terms of the biopic, I don't really have an opinion. I doubt that it will be widely seen. I'm kind of surprised that someone is making it - AIC seems to be off of the radar screen, in terms of popular culture.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFyI1_U9FsM

then explain that. oh please i saw aic twice already with the new singer. i did enjoy it, until right after that they decided to release about 2 more "greatest hits" cd's when they already have about 10,000 of them. jerry cantrell always cared more about fame then the rest of the band. hell i respect william duval more than jerry. now their making some stupid movie about layne? who the hell is going to see that? nobody knows/cares about aic anymore, id like to see what that does in the box office. not to mention he was on mtv cribs, cool move man.
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    until right after that they decided to release about 2 more "greatest hits" cd's when they already have about 10,000 of them.

I guess you have no idea about contractual obligations with record companies. I'm not a record company exec by any means but I'm assuming someone dying doesn't void a contract with a record company. You really truly hate him don't you?

And yeah the Nickelback thing sucks but I wouldn't not jam with someone because pretentious music snobs hate that particular band. (I being one of those people who hate Nickelback). If someone gave me the opportunity to jam with them, I absolutely would though. I guess you forget that Lifehouse opened a few dates for Pearl Jam back in 2000 or 2003.
    I guess you have no idea about contractual obligations with record companies. I'm not a record company exec by any means but I'm assuming someone dying doesn't void a contract with a record company. You really truly hate him don't you?

And yeah the Nickelback thing sucks but I wouldn't not jam with someone because pretentious music snobs hate that particular band. (I being one of those people who hate Nickelback). If someone gave me the opportunity to jam with them, I absolutely would though. I guess you forget that Lifehouse opened a few dates for Pearl Jam back in 2000 or 2003.

i dont HATE him, he wrote great music, and he still does. i have his solo album (degredation trip) but hes turning into a dousche bag. and a band opening up for a great band doesn't mean anything. i have no idea who lifehouse is but its just an opener. i highly doubt a band like creed would have ever opened up for pearl jam.

im not neccasairlly one of those people that htink aic isn't aic without layne. i think its alright that they're still going on, and i think william duval is a great guy for the job, but i dont like how jerry is. i was at my 2nd show for aic @nokia theatre and at the end of the show jerry yelled at the audience for throwing a beer can at the stage. the can didnt hit him, so why does he have to act like an asshole? (YES I KNOW EDDIE DOES SIMILAR THINGS, but eddie is half drunk when he says shit)
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    (YES I KNOW EDDIE DOES SIMILAR THINGS, but eddie is half drunk when he says shit)

Then he shouldn't get drunk if he's going to be an asshole, I see no problem with Eddie or Cantrell though.

He most likely did that thing with Nickleback because he said there extremely nice guys, and you know there fans, so I really don't see that much a problem with it.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."