Raconteurs cd out today!

jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Any thoughts. I like it. It's a little different, some good guitar work, and some just average beats. It's also hard to tell who's singing. Overall worth the buy, IMO.
So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
You're batman!- George
Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Matt LukinMatt Lukin Posts: 647
    I got it a couple weeks ago, it's really growing on me. Nothing revolutionary, just a real good rock record.
    The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
    And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
  • LabyrinthLabyrinth Posts: 25
    fuck them. Jack White lost any crediblity he had when he sold his soul to coke. The Raconteurs also said they were trying to make the detroit version of Nevermind... thats like something 13 year olds would say, how fucking lame.
  • GrungebloodGrungeblood Posts: 64
    I was lookin forward to this album , so i downloaded it last weekend. I was very disappointed half the songs beginnings sounded like a wilco song. To me this album is nothing special and everything on this has all been done before. So don't expect great things.
    "I write a letter to a friend of mine
    I tell him how much I used to love watch him smile
    See I haven't seen him smile in a little while
    Haven't seen him smile in a little while
    But, I know you're laughing from the inside out."
    Blind Melon - Mouthfull of cavities
    R.I.P. JEN
  • pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    I'm over halfway done with my first listen and I like what I'm hearing. I don't think anyone could expect this to be mind blowing but it's good to hear Jack with a full band behind him. Not that I'm knocking Meg because I love the White Stripes.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • I'd say the album is no more derivative than Wolfmother.

I'm on my second time through with the album, and I like it. It's not quite as strong as I had expected, mostly because so many of the songs end too soon. I just read an interview today where the guys mentioned that they look at the songs now and realize that some of them should have been longer. So, they're going to extend them in concert. I just wish they would have realized that a while ago so they could have worked some more on the songs, which they had ample time to do considering that Broken Boy Soldiers was actually recorded before Get Behind Me Satan. I hope that there is more to come from The Raconteurs, though not at the expense of The White Stripes.

If you like/love "Come Back" from Avacado, I wonder if you'd also like/love "Blue Veins", though it is not surprisingly a tad short.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I'm on my first listen right now and I'm enjoying it so far. I love basically anything that Jack White is involved with. I would put it up there with Get Behind Me Satan (which is my least favorite Stripes album). Good, but not as good as some of his other work. I really like the bootlegs though.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    ahhh boo! What are you all talking about??

This cd is AMAZING!! I love it. Jack White is god
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix