VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
edited February 2007 in Other Music
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey everyone. Tom Morello here. I want to thank you all
for being such great and loyal fans. In appreciation for all
your support through the years I would like to invite all
Audiophiles to come see me on the upcoming Nightwatchman
solo tour. For free. When I play a Nightwatchman show in the
city closest to where you live, please come on down as my guest.
More details to follow as the tour firms up. Also Tim and Brad
and I are figuring out something special to send you.
You fans/friends have always been so important to us and we
sincerely appreciate it. Thanks.
Peace!
Tom Morello

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a sweet message and sweet ass thing for him to do!
Damn I love Tom! :)
And I wonder what him and Timmy and Brad are working on for us.
Hey I'll take some free RAGE shows too while we're at it.
:D
heheh. ;)
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    That's a really cool thing for him to do. CC should do it too, but I doubt he will.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • that's awesome

now i wish i was an audiophile :(

but what are the chances of tom playing a nightwatchman show in manchester UK anyway? :(
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • got that email today as I wasted money that fanclub, think that this will work for Bonnaroo?
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    That's an awesome thing for him to do. Turns out my $25 (and my ridiculously amazing low number) isn't a complete waste after all.

Now Chris Cornell looks even worse.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    what a phony basatrd, good guitar player though and the solo tour will kick ass
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Awww that is really sweet of Tom to address the fans. i am not a member of the Audiophiles, but I think that is a really heartfelt message. :) Tom just ROCKS!! :D

I am looking forward to his solo album. :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • If this Audioslave thing is what you could call a messy divorce, I think Tom just won custody of the kids...
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • yosi wrote:
    That's a really cool thing for him to do. CC should do it too, but I doubt he will.

I hate to say it, but I agree with you...Chris should be involved in paying back the fanclub people. Even if its signing a ton of stuff to send to us or something.

That said, I keep telling myself there has to be more to this then we know....I mean right now I have lost some respect for Chris for announcing his departure in the media before telling the guys.
    I've been a huge fan of Chris's for so long....I REALLY hope there is a good explanation for that...even if its never made public...cause I'd hate to think I've been praising an asshole all this time :( I wanna believe Chris is the great person I've heard he is from those who have met him.

and hey you never know...the nightwatchman might come to one of your festivals or something. Positive thoughts my friend.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Mohab wrote:
    what a phony basatrd, good guitar player though and the solo tour will kick ass

Ok Where the hell does THAT come from??? From what I know of Tom Morello, there isn't a phony bone in his body!!!
    He gives so much of his time for great causes...ALWAYS comes out after the shows to meet fans outside the buildings....and has been active in the fanclub since its inception...prob more than the other 3 combined.

To call him phony is totally untrue and unfair.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    so why did audioslave split? thats all i wanna know.......it was all very sudden

were they infighting or something? or did they wanna move onto different projects?

im just curious, thats all
    Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......
  • bigmuzz wrote:
    so why did audioslave split? thats all i wanna know.......it was all very sudden

were they infighting or something? or did they wanna move onto different projects?

im just curious, thats all

From what I've heard...personality conflicts, and creative differences.
    I've heard Tom wanted to tour and Chris didn't...etc.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I think Tom just won custody of the kids...

HAHA!!! That is hilarious. I love it. :D

Eeek! Yeah and in response to DOSW's last comment...I also wish I could say I didn’t agree with you but yeah...I can’t.

And amen to what ACC said. The "Tom is a phony" comment has me really confused. :confused: I’ve had the pleasure of meeting this man on more than one occasion and he is THE farthest thing from phony. Without a doubt one of the nicest, most down to earth, beyond humble musicians/people I have ever met. He even gave me props for rockin out “particually hard”. :D He praises the fans every chance he gets. He’s constantly personally involved with his fanbase and is always reaching out....wether it’s via messages like this one, or yeah... coming outside after pretty much every single show. I can’t even count the number of times I’ve heard him say “thank you” to someone. He is a geniually grateful and appreciative person. The real deal.

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Amen Sistah

ohh and another thing about Tom...I was almost crushed by a stage diver at one of the Toronto show. I fell backwards to the floor (well almost thanks to some good natured fans around me). This went down RIGHT IN FRONT of Tom. He looked GENUINELY freaked out and as I was pulling myself up he asked me FROM THE STAGE if I was ok. How's THAT for Phony!
  • DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey everyone. Tom Morello here. I want to thank you all
    for being such great and loyal fans. In appreciation for all
    your support through the years I would like to invite all
    Audiophiles to come see me on the upcoming Nightwatchman
    solo tour. For free. When I play a Nightwatchman show in the
    city closest to where you live, please come on down as my guest.
    More details to follow as the tour firms up. Also Tim and Brad
    and I are figuring out something special to send you.
    You fans/friends have always been so important to us and we
    sincerely appreciate it. Thanks.
    Peace!
    Tom Morello

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a sweet message and sweet ass thing for him to do!
    Damn I love Tom! :)
    And I wonder what him and Timmy and Brad are working on for us.
    Hey I'll take some free RAGE shows too while we're at it.
    :D
    heheh. ;)

i got this email too. very classy. dude feels like a buddy to me now. definitely the right thing to do. can't wait to see him when he comes around.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • I wrote for The Lantern, Ohio State's school paper, while I was working on my Journalism degree. I wrote an article for the "Rock against Bush" concert that he and others played on campus.

Tom personally called my cellphone (his manager gave him my number) and we did an interview over the phone. I had trouble for a little while setting up the interview and he reached out and called me on his own.

The experience was surreal! He was very intelligent and informative during the interview. He was just starting on The Nightwatchman performances, while working on Out of Exile. He talked of his influences and how he gains knowledge and inspiration from them. We talked for almost ten minutes.

I can't begin to explain how much this meant to me. What "rockstar" would call a kid writing for a college paper and be truly honest, gracious and humble?

Can't wait for his solo album and I am going to see Rage at Coachella!!!!!!

This man is everything you want in a musician and political commentator.
    an empty shells seem so easy to crack
    got all these questions don't know who i could even ask
    so i'll just lie alone and wait for the dream
    where i'm not ugly and your lookin' at me
    and i stare you back
    oh blue eyes, i've seen it
    if just once i could feel love
    oh stare back at me, yeah..
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    I got that email aswell, a very classy move on there part, i wonder what will be sent, I suck to see them split up but who knows maybe this is a blessing in Disguise(RAGE tour???)
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    I just got this also. I have always loved Tom but I think that I have a new level of respect for him. I wont lie though, I'm happy Audioslave broke up. As much as I love him, I think Cornell was holding Tom back. Both Rage and Soundgarden were must better then Audioslave and Chris' voice is so far gone from his Jesus Christ Pose days. I love Rage and would love to see a reunion tour.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    gvn2flypj wrote:
    I wrote for The Lantern, Ohio State's school paper, while I was working on my Journalism degree. I wrote an article for the "Rock against Bush" concert that he and others played on campus.

Tom personally called my cellphone (his manager gave him my number) and we did an interview over the phone. I had trouble for a little while setting up the interview and he reached out and called me on his own.

The experience was surreal! He was very intelligent and informative during the interview. He was just starting on The Nightwatchman performances, while working on Out of Exile. He talked of his influences and how he gains knowledge and inspiration from them. We talked for almost ten minutes.

I can't begin to explain how much this meant to me. What "rockstar" would call a kid writing for a college paper and be truly honest, gracious and humble?

Can't wait for his solo album and I am going to see Rage at Coachella!!!!!!

This man is everything you want in a musician and political commentator.

The more I hear about this guy the classier he sounds. I hope I get to meet him when I go to one of his Nightwatchman performances.... for free. :)
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win