Options

Candlebox Reunited

eddievedder1977eddievedder1977 Posts: 549
edited May 2006 in Other Music
I didn't even know they broke up!

The four original members of Candlebox are reuniting for the first time since 1997 to mount a three-month U.S. tour that will kick off July 1. Singer Kevin Martin, guitarist Peter Klett, bassist Bardi Martin and drummer Scott Mercado will visit about 60 as-yet-unannounced cities. "[We'll play] summer festivals, state fairs, House of Blues [venues], whatever," says Martin. "We want to see you there!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Kevin Martin had formed a new band called "Kevin Martin and the Hiwatts" - they didn't do anything for me. I would love to see Candlebox, now I can :D
  • Options
    chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Cool, I'll go see that. I saw them back in the day and it was a pretty good show (albeit a horrible venue, the New Haven Coliseum). Their first album was awesome. Far Behind, You, Cover Me.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    that´s a great news and i knw that they where off hey this is amazing news ;)
  • Options
    that´s a great news and i knw that they where off hey this is amazing news ;)

say what????????
  • Options
    stpmattb wrote:
    say what????????

i knew they where broken but now they are 2gether again so that´s a great news -got it!!!??
  • Options
    i knew they where broken but now they are 2gether again so that´s a great news -got it!!!??

Got it :D Thank you for clearing that up :)
  • Options
    That's awesome! I would love to see them!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    stpmattb wrote:
    Got it :D Thank you for clearing that up :)

no prob i´m very glad to have them back again ;) hope they sound well as they did...
  • Options
    it would be great with an european tour too!
    it's easy to confuse a great design with life's ripercussions

i'd rather die than give you control
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    I didn't even know they broke up!

The four original members of Candlebox are reuniting for the first time since 1997 to mount a three-month U.S. tour that will kick off July 1. Singer Kevin Martin, guitarist Peter Klett, bassist Bardi Martin and drummer Scott Mercado will visit about 60 as-yet-unannounced cities. "[We'll play] summer festivals, state fairs, House of Blues [venues], whatever," says Martin. "We want to see you there!"

There IS a God! ;)
  • Options
    chimpat wrote:
    Cool, I'll go see that. I saw them back in the day and it was a pretty good show (albeit a horrible venue, the New Haven Coliseum). Their first album was awesome. Far Behind, You, Cover Me.

I'm a big fan of the song "It's Alright" off Happy Pills
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    They had some good songs.
    I doubt they will play many Canadian dates.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    destinydestiny Posts: 31
    Hell yes i hope to see them come my way, blossom is one of my favorite songs.
    How much difference does it make ?
    ***It's all state of mind***

----Gorge 05, Gorge 06' I & II, to be cont...
  • Options
    gumpgump Posts: 2
    stpmattb wrote:
    Kevin Martin had formed a new band called "Kevin Martin and the Hiwatts" - they didn't do anything for me. :D

That's too bad - Kevin's voice has improved leaps and bounds in the past couple of years and he is singing like you've never heard before. Their debut cd is loaded w/ some kikkass jams including a few that will really get you thinking. His second album is soon to be released and it ROCKS! The band is now simply "The HiWatts" and they offer a few new tracks as well as some older ones @ myspace.com/thehiwatts....check it out!

The original 4 members of Cbox played their first gig 16 days ago @ the Bacchaus Ball @ Mardi Gras...setlist included Arrow, Far Behind, Cover Me , You and Change. I heard it RIPPED!

gump
  • Options
    neglektedneglekted Posts: 12
    chimpat,
    i saw those new haven coliseum shows too....actually ended up onstage at the '95 show. both great shows...

it was with great pleasure that i took pictures of what is left of that building last week on the way to my car from the train station. it's in the middle of being torn down :) good riddance.

for anyone interested, the official candlebox site will be http://www.candleboxrocks.com

we'll have the official site up in the coming months; for now there's just a mailing list signup form.
    -tim
    www.candleboxrocks.com
  • Options
    wow...that's great news! Any word on a new album? With new PJ and Tool, and with AIC and now Candlebox reuniting, things are looking up in the rock world!!

Now if only Sweetwater and Green Apple Quickstep would get back at it. ..

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come...."
  • Options
    ohhhhh. no kidding...sweet water & green apple quickstep were both great bands.

this does seem to be the year of reunions...kula shaker is back together as well:
    http://www.kulashakermusic.com

and here's a new song from them:
    http://www.myspace.com/diktatorofthefreeworld

no word on a new candlebox record. they're just planning on some shows and having a good time playing at this point. wouldn't rule it out though.
    www.candleboxrocks.com
  • Options
    Candlebox have unveiled more than 40 dates for their upcoming North American reunion tour. The band's trek kicks off May 27 in St. Louis, and runs through a Sept. 5 gig in Amarillo, Texas. The '90s alt-rock act also plans to release a new album in spring 2007. "The response to our deciding to go back out and making another record has been great," says frontman Kevin Martin. "The music doesn't ever die."
  • Options
    i just posted a few additional dates (hilton head, jacksonville, seattle, spokane) this morning over on the official site (http://www.candleboxrocks.com). more to be posted as they become available...
    www.candleboxrocks.com
  • Options
    mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    noooo ! you must be kidding ?!?!?!
    I can't believe they still have fans !
    They're truly posers !

Oh my god, how dissapointing.
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    blame this reunion bullshit on the pixies.
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    mark arm wrote:
    noooo ! you must be kidding ?!?!?!
    I can't believe they still have fans !
    They're truly posers !

Oh my god, how dissapointing.

you really shouldn't talk like that about people you do not know at all...
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    vitalpj10vitalpj10 Posts: 142
    Maybe they couldn't get NKOTB to tour?
    ...I thought the world, turns out the word thought me
  • Options
    cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    I will be seeing them in Atlanta on Aug. 22. This is gonna be sweet!

• Options
    cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    Got my tickets today for $22.50 a piece!!!

• Options
    you really shouldn't talk like that about people you do not know at all...

hey Oly is a nice city, are you friends with Calvin Johnson or something. Al Larsen was a real cool dude too.
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires