Options

Taylor Hawkins on Billy Corgan...kinda

eddievedder1977eddievedder1977 Posts: 549
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins says he's grateful to frontman Dave Grohl for insisting that the stickman's song "Cold Day in the Sun" appear on the band's In Your Honor album. "Dave was behind me," maintains Hawkins. "He's not a selfish guy. Billy Corgan would [not allow it], but Dave's not a d**k." The Foos will embark on a yet-to-be-scheduled acoustic tour in the spring.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    but on melon collie there a few songs sang by other members of the pumpkins. they may not be very good, but they're there :p
  • Options
    i think the pumpkins would have been a lot better if james iha had more input in the band. the 2 most emotionally driven songs on siamese dream, soma and mayonnaise, were co writtin by billy and james. if they co-wrote more often, i think they would have been much more melodic.
  • Options
    ms11781ms11781 Posts: 88
    Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins says he's grateful to frontman Dave Grohl for insisting that the stickman's song "Cold Day in the Sun" appear on the band's In Your Honor album. "Dave was behind me," maintains Hawkins. "He's not a selfish guy. Billy Corgan would [not allow it], but Dave's not a d**k." The Foos will embark on a yet-to-be-scheduled acoustic tour in the spring.

I think he's refering to Billy Corgan's notorious "stranglehold", if you will, on all the creative processes in the Pumpkins. It has been said that Dave Grohl is extremely controlling when it comes to the Foos, but obviously there seems to be a little more give and take in the Foo Fighters than in the Smashing Pumpkins.
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    ms11781 wrote:
    I think he's refering to Billy Corgan's notorious "stranglehold", if you will, on all the creative processes in the Pumpkins. It has been said that Dave Grohl is extremely controlling when it comes to the Foos, but obviously there seems to be a little more give and take in the Foo Fighters than in the Smashing Pumpkins.

don;t you find that this only applies to Taylor? I think him and Dave are a little Jake and Heath if you catch my drift.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb