chris cornell at irving plaza

NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
edited March 2007 in Other Music
monday april 16th

tickets on sale march 24th at 1pm
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i just saw that but fuck i can't go, gotta work that night..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Damn. No way I could get to that.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Wow, that's going to be SICK. I saw his last solo tour......at "Town Hall" and "the Beacon Theatre", both were GREAT shows.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    You do know theres a whole thread dedicated to his tour with the NYC info in it right? ;)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=236973
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    i hate week night shows almost impossible for me to make it fuck....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    stpmattb wrote:
    You do know theres a whole thread dedicated to his tour with the NYC info in it right? ;)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=236973

now i do
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    im gonna try really hard to go to this, i never thought in my lifetime id have the chance to see a rock icon like cornell in such a small venue
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    im gonna try really hard to go to this, i never thought in my lifetime id have the chance to see a rock icon like cornell in such a small venue

I.E VEDDER AND BOYS
    ny Pj1 wrote:
    IE VEDDER AND BOYS
    I DIDNT HAVE A CHANCE TO GET TIX THAT, I HAD AN 8AM CLASS, WHEN TIX FOR THE IP SHOW WERE ISSUED

• I will be trying for these tickets :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617

almost as good as seeing Pearl Jam there last May

*ahem*
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    Brainofdz wrote:
    almost as good as seeing Pearl Jam there last May

*ahem*
    see post #10

*AHEM*

see post #10

*AHEM*

Class? Are you kidding me? I would have skipped my wedding to ensure my ticket for that show.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

Brainofdz wrote:
    Class? Are you kidding me? I would have skipped my wedding to ensure my ticket for that show.
    dude when ya have missed 5 classes and the teacher says if u miss one more class your dropped and your grade average is a 60 for the class, ya tend not to care bout a band

dude when ya have missed 5 classes and the teacher says if u miss one more class your dropped and your grade average is a 60 for the class, ya tend not to care bout a band

Ever hear of a faked death in the family?

and "a band"? I never thought I'd see the day when you were so callous in your description of our beloved PJ.

for shame

Brainofdz wrote:
    Ever hear of a faked death in the family?

and "a band"? I never thought I'd see the day when you were so callous in your description of our beloved PJ.

for shame
    dude it was a concert i missed, i saw the 2 times last year. once for free and the other wasnt free

• cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Thats my birthday!!! WHo's taking me? :D

Ah, too bad Im in EUROPE. :p
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
    Thats my birthday!!! WHo's taking me? :D

Ah, too bad Im in EUROPE. :p
    id take u and pay for your tix, but u live a couple of thousands miles away. anyways it should most def be a good concert, if hes playing some stuff from all of his work

id take u and pay for your tix, but u live a couple of thousands miles away. anyways it should most def be a good concert, if hes playing some stuff from all of his work
    Thanks, Brian :)
    I wish I could go, maybe he's coming to Europe.
    To be honest, Im not really following him much lately, hehe
    But I will def see Chris if he comes by ;)

And the show is gonna be great. Hope you get tix. :)
  • so last night i get a call from my friend who's getting my extra TLA ticket (also a 10c member... doesn't post though). he sounds pretty wasted and tells me he just bought baltimore tickets... since he really couldn't find any reason not to.

he asks me if i want one. "sure, why not?" i had gotten tired of waiting for a new york date, so i wasn't really thinking about the near-impossible logistics of getting all the way to baltimore on a tuesday night.

so i hang up, go over to my computer, and what do i see? irving plaza. shit. now what do i do? i haven't been to irving plaza since that historic night last may, and i'm not about to miss chris cornell there.

so i guess i'll be following chris cornell around this spring like he was pearl jam. new york, philly, and baltimore. i can't really afford to do this but it's a pretty nice problem to have.

i kinda feel like a dick though, since so many people posting in these threads aren't even going to one show and here i'm trying for the hat trick.

but in any case, i know i met a bunch of you at irving plaza last year, so hopefully we'll all be back there again...
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    so last night i get a call from my friend who's getting my extra TLA ticket (also a 10c member... doesn't post though). he sounds pretty wasted and tells me he just bought baltimore tickets... since he really couldn't find any reason not to.

he asks me if i want one. "sure, why not?" i had gotten tired of waiting for a new york date, so i wasn't really thinking about the near-impossible logistics of getting all the way to baltimore on a tuesday night.

so i hang up, go over to my computer, and what do i see? irving plaza. shit. now what do i do? i haven't been to irving plaza since that historic night last may, and i'm not about to miss chris cornell there.

so i guess i'll be following chris cornell around this spring like he was pearl jam. new york, philly, and baltimore. i can't really afford to do this but it's a pretty nice problem to have.

i kinda feel like a dick though, since so many people posting in these threads aren't even going to one show and here i'm trying for the hat trick.

but in any case, i know i met a bunch of you at irving plaza last year, so hopefully we'll all be back there again...

lucky bastard ;)
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    I should go to Irving Plaza, but on a Monday night, its a bit tough to do. I've seen two shows at Irving Plaza (Stone Temple Pilots and Pearl Jam). Seeing Chris Cornell there would be my own "hat trick" as those three groups are my absolute favorites. Right now i'm going to Philly and Baltimore...NYC is tempting...
  • lucky bastard ;)

yeah, well we'll see what happens...

if it helps, i can assure you that this scenario won't play out as perfectly in real life as it is in my head...

stpmattb wrote:
    I should go to Irving Plaza, but on a Monday night, its a bit tough to do. I've seen two shows at Irving Plaza (Stone Temple Pilots and Pearl Jam). Seeing Chris Cornell there would be my own "hat trick" as those three groups are my absolute favorites. Right now i'm going to Philly and Baltimore...NYC is tempting...

do it... you know you want to...
    do it... you know you want to...

shhh!!!
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    so last night i get a call from my friend who's getting my extra TLA ticket (also a 10c member... doesn't post though). he sounds pretty wasted and tells me he just bought baltimore tickets... since he really couldn't find any reason not to.

I'll take that Philly ticket off your hand... ;)
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Shut out
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    So? How was it????
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    So? How was it????

Here is the selist from over at Audioslaved.com

Spoonman
    Original Fire
    No Such Thing
    Say Hello To Heaven
    Like A Stone
    Arms Around Your Love
    Outshined
    Seasons
    Call Me A Dog (acoustic)
    Can't Change Me (acoustic)
    Doesn't Remind Me (1/2 acoustic)
    What You Are
    Rusty Cage
    Zero Chance
    Billie Jean
    Loud Love
    --
    Hunger Strike
    You Know My Name
    Black Hole Sun
    --
    Wide Awake (acoustic)
    Jesus Christ Pose

Sounds fucking awesome.:eek::)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569

Spoonman
    Original Fire
    No Such Thing
    Say Hello To Heaven
    Like A Stone
    Arms Around Your Love
    Outshined
    Seasons
    Call Me A Dog (acoustic)
    What You Are
    Rusty Cage
    Zero Chance
    Billie Jean
    Loud Love
    --
    Hunger Strike
    You Know My Name
    Black Hole Sun
    --
    Wide Awake (acoustic)
    Jesus Christ Pose

There is also audio from the Toronto show available over there in the thread for that show. http://www.audioslaved.com
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

Spoonman
    Original Fire
    No Such Thing
    Say Hello To Heaven
    Like A Stone
    Arms Around Your Love
    Outshined
    Seasons
    Call Me A Dog (acoustic)
    What You Are
    Rusty Cage
    Zero Chance
    Billie Jean
    Loud Love
    --
    Hunger Strike
    You Know My Name
    Black Hole Sun
    --
    Wide Awake (acoustic)
    Jesus Christ Pose

It was awesome!!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"