Page broke his finger, Zep postponed, story and link to gory picture here...

VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
edited November 2007 in Other Music
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily
Led Zeppelin Reunion Concert Postponed Due to Fractured Finger
11/1/07, 4:11 pm EST

Led Zeppelin’s November 26th reunion concert has been pushed back to December 10th because guitarist Jimmy Page fractured his finger. The injury, which he sustained this past weekend, will make him unable to play guitar for the next three weeks. “I am disappointed that we are forced to postpone the concert by two weeks,” Page said in a statement. “However, Led Zeppelin have always set very high standards for ourselves, and we feel that this postponement will enable my injury to properly heal, and permit us to perform at the level that both the band and our fans have always been accustomed to.” Tickets bought for the original show will be honored on the new date, and refunds will also be available. This news sucks (especially since Page busted a finger in a train door in 1975 but soldiered on and continued to tour), but we’ve waited twenty-seven years for this show, so what’s another fourteen days? That is, of course, unless you already bought plane tickets and made hotel reservations.

Andy Greene
Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    that sucks but what is 2 weeks when they have been waiting for so so long. Looking forward to it but fans who have bought plane tickets and hotel rooms would be annoyed.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • When did Page let his hair go gray? I had heard it, but in the new Guitar World magazine, there is a pic, and when I seen it I about shat myself.

And my god what a gruesome pic. Page had to go to the Emmys?
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Somehow I don't think that is a real picture of his finger. Call me skeptic.

That looks more like a severed finger that would need more than three weeks to heal. As in the inside tendons look like the finger almost came apart. I may believe that the finger got broken, only to make sure they know all the tunes. If ya know what I mean.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    When did Page let his hair go gray? I had heard it, but in the new Guitar World magazine, there is a pic, and when I seen it I about shat myself.

And my god what a gruesome pic. Page had to go to the Emmys?

That picture's got to be a Photoshop wind-up, I mean, that can't be real, can it? He'd have had it set, surely? Also, the BBC news story says: "A spokesman said the band had not revealed which finger was affected or how the fracture occurred."
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7074382.stm
    Yeah, sad news for folks who've booked their travel etc, but not the sort of thing you can do anything about.

Re the hair....I was lucky enough to meet Jimmy Page backstage at Chris Cornell's show at the London Astoria in May, and his hair was white as snow then. It gave me quite a shock I must admit!!!!! Mind you, running into him at all was fairly amazing. :)
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • That picture's got to be a Photoshop wind-up, I mean, that can't be real, can it? He'd have had it set, surely? Also, the BBC news story says: "A spokesman said the band had not revealed which finger was affected or how the fracture occurred."
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7074382.stm
    Yeah, sad news for folks who've booked their travel etc, but not the sort of thing you can do anything about.

Re the hair....I was lucky enough to meet Jimmy Page backstage at Chris Cornell's show at the London Astoria in May, and his hair was white as snow then. It gave me quite a shock I must admit!!!!! Mind you, running into him at all was fairly amazing. :)

That had to be fuckin awesome, but if I woulda ran into Jimmy Page before recently, I woulda walked right by, as I wouldn't recognize him, with the snowy mane.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,707
    even flow? wrote:
    Somehow I don't think that is a real picture of his finger. Call me skeptic.
    Clearly not real.
    The Grammy Awards background is as much a giveaway as the cartoonish finger, and the black hair.
    This weekend we rock Portland