Any UFO Fans out there?

VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
edited March 2007 in Other Music
I used to be a huge fan, had boots and vinyl from back in the 1970s. Decided to get the Live album (Live in Chicago). What a great live album. Saw it there so I bought it. I nearly forgot how great it was. Totally getting back into it.

So I tried to get the Lights Out album. Apparantly out of circulation. Can't find it anywhere. Finally resorted to Amazon and found it. It is available in Europe. Just got it and wow does it bring back memories! Rockin CD!

You can really understand Mike McCready wearing UFO shirts. You can really hear the influence during the studio Porch and Garden solos.

Anyways, cheers to Phil, Michael and the gang!
Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Not a massive fan however I do own Lights Out and 6 or so Michael Schenker/McAuley Schenker CD's as well as Scorpions Lovedrive :)

I thought it was kick ass to see McCready sporting the UFO shirt at the Denver show. I cannot help think about Schenker when I see anybody playing the Flying-V.
  • I used to be a huge fan, had boots and vinyl from back in the 1970s. Decided to get the Live album (Live in Chicago). What a great live album. Saw it there so I bought it. I nearly forgot how great it was. Totally getting back into it.

So I tried to get the Lights Out album. Apparantly out of circulation. Can't find it anywhere. Finally resorted to Amazon and found it. It is available in Europe. Just got it and wow does it bring back memories! Rockin CD!

You can really understand Mike McCready wearing UFO shirts. You can really hear the influence during the studio Porch and Garden solos.

Anyways, cheers to Phil, Michael and the gang!

You can see Mike's love for them March 18th at the Showbox for the 4th "Flight to Mars" UFO cover band performance that I know of, third year in a row playing the CCFA benefit at the Showbox. Tickets still available. Listening to UFO played live and very well is a guitar lovefest.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • BUMP!!

I'm in Los Angeles.....huge PJ and Schenker fan (if the name didn't give it away).
    Hoping to get up to seattle to see flight to mars this April 07. Do they ever play in CA? or do they usually only play once a year up there?