Did Rage Against The Machine reunite (after breakup of Audioslave)?

VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Look at the line from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame announcement below...

Richards, Vedder to induct rock hall of famers

2 March 2007
06:52
Reuters News

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards and Pearl Jam singer Eddie Vedder will help induct the class of 2007 into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame later this month, organizers said.

Richards will induct 1960s girl group the Ronettes, while Vedder will do the honors for rock band R.E.M.

Additionally, the members of Velvet Revolver will induct Van Halen, likely finding plenty of common ground over problematic lead singers.

Punk poetess Patti Smith will be inducted by Zack de la Rocha, the singer with reunited rockers Rage Against the Machine, while rapper Jay-Z will introduce pioneering rap group Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.

The ceremony will take place March 12 at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York. Additionally, Aretha Franklin will sing as part of a tribute to late record mogul Ahmet Ertegun, the Atlantic Records co-founder who was instrumental in setting up the hall of fame.

Reuters/Nielsen
Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    Look at the line from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame announcement below...

Richards, Vedder to induct rock hall of famers

2 March 2007
    06:52
    Reuters News

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards and Pearl Jam singer Eddie Vedder will help induct the class of 2007 into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame later this month, organizers said.

Richards will induct 1960s girl group the Ronettes, while Vedder will do the honors for rock band R.E.M.

Additionally, the members of Velvet Revolver will induct Van Halen, likely finding plenty of common ground over problematic lead singers.

Punk poetess Patti Smith will be inducted by Zack de la Rocha, the singer with reunited rockers Rage Against the Machine, while rapper Jay-Z will introduce pioneering rap group Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.

The ceremony will take place March 12 at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York. Additionally, Aretha Franklin will sing as part of a tribute to late record mogul Ahmet Ertegun, the Atlantic Records co-founder who was instrumental in setting up the hall of fame.

Reuters/Nielsen

Yes they did. It was suppose to be for only 1 show. Coachella (sp?) Fest on the west coast? Last I heard they may play more now.

I hope Lollapalooza!
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Actually, they announced the reunion a week or two before the Audioslave announcement, but I'm sure it all went hand in hand.
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    Thanks, I missed those announcements.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • More shows with Wu Tang Klan as I'm sure you've all heard..

It's looking more and more like they're back to stay.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • More shows with Wu Tang Klan as I'm sure you've all heard..

It's looking more and more like they're back to stay.

I hope they are.

I actually saw them with Wu-Tang back in 97 and they were much better than I expected (the Wu that is).