Tragically Hip new songs?

rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
edited June 2006 in Other Music
Hello ... Just wondering if anyone hear happens to have sound files of the three or four new songs the Hip is playing on tour right now ... Dying to hear them.
Thanks muchly!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    I haven't seen any sound files floating around yet, but I heard them play 3 of the new songs at Sasquatch, and I can tell you all three of them were incredible!
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Try here,

http://video.sympatico.msn.com/v/en-ca/v.htm?g=634cd626-80f3-46e7-9a77-e59c2474e2f0&t=c1543&f=37/81&p=encafashion_encatorfashion_day4

A video player should pop up go through the playlist and you should find a video for Lonely Side of the Rink, it's from sasquatch festival.
    "I'll be hanging upside down, and there I will swing, for all e.........tern.............ni..............ty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    direwolf74 wrote:
    I haven't seen any sound files floating around yet, but I heard them play 3 of the new songs at Sasquatch, and I can tell you all three of them were incredible!

Could you describe them in more detail? :) Please?
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Try here,

http://video.sympatico.msn.com/v/en-ca/v.htm?g=634cd626-80f3-46e7-9a77-e59c2474e2f0&t=c1543&f=37/81&p=encafashion_encatorfashion_day4

A video player should pop up go through the playlist and you should find a video for Lonely Side of the Rink, it's from sasquatch festival.
    \

Awesome, thanks!
  • neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    Could you describe them in more detail? :) Please?

ummmmm the new tunes KICK ASS...they certainly aren't weepy ballads ;)
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    ummmmm the new tunes KICK ASS...they certainly aren't weepy ballads ;)

Agreed. "The Drop Off" is very heavy, and "Lonely End of the Rink" rocks pretty hard as well. "Fly" is more of an upbeat pop-rock tune with cool melodies and some great singing by Gordie. They played another new song at Fort York called "Oceans", but I have no idea what that one sounds like.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    i have a copy of the belleville show, audio, and can offer up a few freebees if anyone wants one...sound is pretty damn good

i will put a limit on it though, and please state if you can reoffer it back here to this list...i will post an update here and let people know who gets the free copies, and who can reoffer

please send me PM's ONLY