Razorlight anyone?

danielheyesdanielheyes Posts: 362
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Right,i got the first album a few years ago and thought it was ok,a bit shite really,then saw them at leeds(i think it was the same year) and they were less than average.

The missus just bought me the new album after i said i didnt mind the first couple of singles off it and it is really quite good,better sound,better production and a move away from that london sound that all bands in britain seem to strive for at the moment.........

what think you people of the masses?
When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Sorry to be negative about a band you like but i detest them completely and think that the singer johnny borrell is a prick of the very highest order. I read some article a while ago where he was comparing himself to bob dylan at one point which is pretty ridiculous. He claims when he said it, it was taken out of context, but because of some of the other interviews ive seen him in i wouldnt be surprised if he did actually mean it.

One good thing about them is that song stumble and fall. Its on my local pub juke box and that songs actually ok, but ive listened to the first album and found it pretty boring to be honest.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • He does often say that he is a better lyricist than Bob Dylan, but come on, you can't take him seriously.

When their second album came out I started a post on it saying how much I loved the album and since then, a few months, my opinion hasn't changed at all. I still love the album. One of the best of the year.
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    He also said he was the greatest lyricist of our generation, they didnt pay their appearance fee from the make poverty history set (like everyone else did) to the charity, and with the first album they did something that really pisses me off. They released the album, then released a single a while after that, then re-released the album with the single on it, meaning fans would have to purchase again for the full album. I know some of my friends who like them were really pissed off about that.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Ive seen them play on a festival here in Holland but never listen to an complete album.
    When all your dreams turn to dust, vacuum
    When all else fails, read the instruction