the spinto band anyone???

danielheyesdanielheyes Posts: 362
edited May 2006 in Other Music
just heard these and they sound quite good in a interpol meets the cure kinda way...anyone else into them?
When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• just heard these and they sound quite good in a interpol meets the cure kinda way...anyone else into them?

i saw them in a really small club here in morgantown a few months ago. they were decent. i bought the record and enjoy it on occasion. the disk is a wonderful shade of green. anyway, yes, i have heard of them and i like them. not sure on the interpol meets the cure comparison. but, we're all different.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    my friend really likes them
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    They're opening at the Snow Patrol show I'm going to on Wednesday.

Admittedly I've only heard the one song but they kinda sounded like a bunch of out of tune amateur drama students rehearsing for some really bad musical.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • I've been friends with the guys in spinto for about four or five years now. Really good guys, and real great music. Check out Direct To Helmet, or Spy vs. Spy.

They are fucking incredible.

--Skip
  • It was pretty good - sound at the venue blew so it kind of put a damper on the show. They seem like good guys though and I'm not so sure they weren't drunk as hell. Fun band that I think will get semi-popular in the next couple years kind-of the way Death Cab has.

They played a bunch of new songs and I liked all of them. I'm not sure if they have a release date for a new album, but it should be good.

The weird thing was - and I know Delaware is not exactly the indie capitol of the world - but there was next to nobody there. There was plenty of space all around me. I'd say about 100 people. That is NOTHING for a band that was just signed to Atlantic UK and tour all over the world. I was a little disappointed in my home state for this one!
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    I've been friends with the guys in spinto for about four or five years now. Really good guys, and real great music. Check out Direct To Helmet, or Spy vs. Spy.

They are fucking incredible.

--Skip

Our drummer went to high school with these guys. did you happen to go there too? That'd be funny
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”