Options

***Great news for Who fans from Pete himself!

BrokenGlassBrokenGlass Posts: 298
edited May 2006 in Other Music
From petetownshed.co.uk:

24 May 2006
The Master's Plan

This is a scary and very exciting time. No one on the planet seems to understand my webcast plan for the forthcoming tour. And yet it is so simple.

Every show we play is bootlegged by someone. With Roger's OK already given I intend to bootleg Who shows myself and give the proceeds to charity. In the past we have done this in conjunction with http://www.themusic.com with what we have called the Encore Series of CDs, and presentation cases for serious collectors.

On this tour we will sell DVDs as well as CDs. We will also sell BitTorrent downloads through http://www.longliverock.org. We will also offer Podcasts through iTunes.

In addition we will webcast a Live Stream of 30 minutes featuring at least one LIVE number by the Who from every show for 99c. Proceeds to local health, childrens' and street charities.

This webcast will be set up by an edition of IN THE ATTIC in which Rachel Fuller, Mikey Cuthbert, Simon Townshend and myself will appear LIVE with guests like PRIMAL SCREAM, ARCTIC MONKEYS, THE STROKES. By the way, it's looking pretty good that IN THE ATTIC will appear on TV after the tour - possibly VH1 who are considering the show at the moment.

Rachel plans to sell $10 LOTTERY TICKETS for the very last EVER guitar to be smashed by the legendary me (at Yokohama in Japan) the proceeds to go to a major International Charity and the New Orleans Appeal.

Every few weeks the Who will webcast an entire show for a major charity - we are considering some causes at the moment.

Why are we doing this? BECAUSE WE F***ING WELL CAN. Will it make us look good? WE DON'T GIVE A F**K. (I can still be rather crude in my old age, you will probably have noticed).

If you are a corporate sponsor considering sponsoring the Who in this mammoth FIRST EVER tour webcast venture, get your head out of your arse and walk towards us. We are about to take off.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    From petetownshed.co.uk:

24 May 2006
    The Master's Plan

This is a scary and very exciting time. No one on the planet seems to understand my webcast plan for the forthcoming tour. And yet it is so simple.

Every show we play is bootlegged by someone. With Roger's OK already given I intend to bootleg Who shows myself and give the proceeds to charity. In the past we have done this in conjunction with http://www.themusic.com with what we have called the Encore Series of CDs, and presentation cases for serious collectors.

On this tour we will sell DVDs as well as CDs. We will also sell BitTorrent downloads through http://www.longliverock.org. We will also offer Podcasts through iTunes.

In addition we will webcast a Live Stream of 30 minutes featuring at least one LIVE number by the Who from every show for 99c. Proceeds to local health, childrens' and street charities.

This webcast will be set up by an edition of IN THE ATTIC in which Rachel Fuller, Mikey Cuthbert, Simon Townshend and myself will appear LIVE with guests like PRIMAL SCREAM, ARCTIC MONKEYS, THE STROKES. By the way, it's looking pretty good that IN THE ATTIC will appear on TV after the tour - possibly VH1 who are considering the show at the moment.

Rachel plans to sell $10 LOTTERY TICKETS for the very last EVER guitar to be smashed by the legendary me (at Yokohama in Japan) the proceeds to go to a major International Charity and the New Orleans Appeal.

Every few weeks the Who will webcast an entire show for a major charity - we are considering some causes at the moment.

Why are we doing this? BECAUSE WE F***ING WELL CAN. Will it make us look good? WE DON'T GIVE A F**K. (I can still be rather crude in my old age, you will probably have noticed).

If you are a corporate sponsor considering sponsoring the Who in this mammoth FIRST EVER tour webcast venture, get your head out of your arse and walk towards us. We are about to take off.

Sweet post until the very last paragraph
  • Options
    leatherman_8leatherman_8 Posts: 107
    Paying money for a live stream that you can't even download? If it wasn't for charity it would be a farce.
    Please don't smoke in smoke free buildings. You aren't cool, you're just an asshole
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Paying money for a live stream that you can't even download? If it wasn't for charity it would be a farce.

"you're the best, AROUND"