Watching The Chris Cornell Seattle Show..

yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
edited May 2007 in Other Music
I'm just not feeling his stage presence..He's not Ed, I know...Basically just standing around, not jumping around or moving too quickly..The voice is incredible, don't get me wrong, but just watching him, well, boring!

http://music.msn.com/chriscornell
I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
info@wishlistfoundation.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keyser_sozekeyser_soze Posts: 205
    i reckon his songs since the formation of audioslave have been somewhat pedestrian and boring too! so the standing there and only shaking his head doesn't really benefit from the ordinary material he's singing.
    www.facebook.com/PandoraApparel
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I'm headed to see him in Atlanta on June 2nd, hope he can keep me entertained....last time I saw him was with Audioslave in 2003, his voice was killer...but i hear lately he's losing his live touch.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • failedpersephonefailedpersephone Posts: 3,424
    he has been doing little intimate shows...so, he wont be running around a large stage trying to get an arena-filled area pumped.

I saw him recently (2x) and his voice is AMAZING and his stage presence is spot on.

all in all you will have one hell of a time in Atlanta!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Id go to see him live, but watching him on the video, just wouldn't get me pumped up..ARe any of you watching it right now?
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    He's much better when there's no crowd. I saw him solo this tour and he was interactive with the crowd, dancing along on the stage, basically just had a great stage presence. This though was filmed for millions of people to see around the world for free. First, don't ya think he's gonna be a little nervous; he wants to have an appropriate presence for the more mature audiences. Second, it was free. He's not going to save his great stuff for a free show.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    yahamita wrote:
    Id go to see him live, but watching him on the video, just wouldn't get me pumped up..ARe any of you watching it right now?

Yep thanks Lisa for posting this. :)
  • I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    yahamita wrote:

I was watching it earlier today - what the fuck did his band do to Cochise - they were too lazy to play the intro! Thats the best fucking bit, the making of the song!
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    well I just got back from seeing him tonight, and he rocked the place! he was all over the stage, lots of presence - in fact I wish he would have kept still a bit more, then i could have gotten some better pictures!
  • For all the Cornell thread haters.
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    This is a joke people saying Cornell lost it. He still has the strongest voice in rock music today.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Having watched maaany soundgarden dvds... And after having seeing him wed 16th, he did seem a bit lost without his long hair
  • sj.brodiesj.brodie Posts: 468
    He looks comfortable
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    Cornell came before Justin.. so maybe Justin holds it like Chris!