Wedding songs for reception

kDoGG3n4kDoGG3n4 Posts: 228
edited April 2008 in Other Music
I am taking suggestions for som wedding songs for our reception and also dinner time at reception.....any advice is appreciated
The Answers are Fatal.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kDoGG3n4kDoGG3n4 Posts: 228
    I really want to play this song from a bootleg at my wedding... the sound quality is really good, but there is alot of crowd noise at the end.....
    The Answers are Fatal.
  • LivingBubbaLivingBubba Posts: 135
    I`m kinda curious to see where this thread goes, if anywhere. I met with a DJ for our wedding reception the other night and I`ve got about 2 months to get a good setlist together for him.
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    Thin Air
    Oceans
    EWBTCIAST
    Inside Job

Fuck...im narrow minded!!!
    When me and my husband renew our vows we are having HEAPS of PJ songs at the dinner and for the vows. For our "wedding waltz" we want to have Arizona by KOL. Good luck creating your setlist! :)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • kDoGG3n4 wrote:
    I really want to play this song from a bootleg at my wedding... the sound quality is really good, but there is alot of crowd noise at the end.....

If you're thinking of Cornell, another one to consider might be "Finally Forever" from his last solo album "Carry On". He actually wrote it to sing to his bride at his own wedding, so it's pretty relevant. I've heard from a lot of people who wanted to use that as their wedding song. :)
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Paul Stookey(Peter, Paul & Mary) "Wedding Song"
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Looking more for reception songs, not "wedding" songs ....... so far in stone is

MMJ - One Big Holliday
    Ryan Adams - To Be Young
    Old Crow - Wagon Wheel
    Lets keep this going..... and to the guy who is also coming up with songs.....send me a PM of what you are going with
    The Answers are Fatal.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Journey!!!!!!
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    I am also trying to make a nice mix... for our intro song... I think we are going with Baba O'Riley....but we are not sure which Pearl Jam version to use or to use the Who.....also.... we need more music cause its a big party
    The Answers are Fatal.
    Add:
    Jason Isbell - Into The Mystic (Van Morrison cover) ..... check it out on his myspace http://www.myspace.com/jasonisbellmusic
    What do people think would be the best version/sound quality for Yellow Ledbetter..... This song will be ending our reception night....

also looking for advice on best Baba version
    The Answers are Fatal.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    "Within your reach", by The Replacements
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQXnvNwGTAY&feature=related

Here's your 1st dance, there's no contest...it has to be this one :D
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    "Tougher Than The Rest" or "If I Should Fall Behind" by Bruce Springsteen are good, if you can get past the 80s/90s cheese.

Lots of Van Morrison songs. "Crazy Love" "Wavelength" "Have I Told You Lately" "Brown Eyed Girl" although that's a bit cliched I guess ;)

"I Cum Blood" by Cannibal Corpse always goes down a treat.
  • ISUalISUal Posts: 40
    "Long May You Run" Neil Young
    "Warm Love" Van Morrison
    and, kind of a joke but catchy as hell, "Marry Me" Drive-By Truckers
    "I know I was born, and I know that I'll die, but in between is mine..." Ed
  • 51st Anniversary by Jimi Hendrix
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-