silverchair! (homebake 2006)

BritneyJamBritneyJam Posts: 53
edited August 2006 in Other Music
silverchair is back! or will be back, and playing at the homebake festival in sydney this year.
the best news (for me) is that i will actually be IN australia at the time, so i get to see them! their new album is supposed to be released the same day as that show (december 2nd)

has anyone here been to that festival? do you need to buy tickets right away? or does it take some time to sell out? im planning on being there, but im gonna be backpacking, and who knows what could come up, and my plans could change. i dont wanna buy a ticket right away, but i will if i have to.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    i would like to be in australia,beaches,girls,surf.... i like all silverchair albums, especially frogstorm and freak......
  • i saw them at the start of the year, they played a lot of their new songs which all sounded awesome, i definately cannot wait to hear the new album.

sorry dont know much about the festival, tho i would guess it'll sell out pretty damn quickly...
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • probably australia's best band (the living end probably the best live band but the chair for their work in the studio). can't wait to hear some more stuff and i would love to see them if/when they come to melbourne. hey britneyjam if end up coming to melbourne...let me know and i'll buy you a beer. :)
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    silverchair at homebake is such good news. i can't wait. and yeah i would buy tix as soon as you can. do not wait. i'll be there for 'the chair' but also the butterfly effect, who i can't get enough of lately. and i have to agree with you ASL, the living end are just a killer band live.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ive seen the living end twice...opening for green day once, and opening for the offspring i think as well. they were awesome. they are playing here soon i think, so i may go see them...unless ive already missed it.

i think i will just buy the tickets to the show. i cant be in australia and not see silvercahir. it would also be a great experience to be at a music festival there and get a feel for the aussie music scene.

i will be in melbourne, right before i leave for sydney to catch the show. although, dont think im some 20-something chick named britney...im a guy (seriously). i often forget i dont post here as much as i used to, and not everyone knows im a guy. the name came from my ongoing britney spears obsession, and i cant change it now! nor do i want to.