Options

Ministry - Rio Grande Blood

transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
edited April 2006 in Other Music
for those old schoolers who were blown out of the water with Land of Rape and Honey, A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste, Psalm 69...

If you were pissed off from Filth Pig to Animositisomina, taken back by how good Houses of the Mole was......

it will be worth your effort to give this new Ministry disc a spin. Al has never been this pissed off and the subject of his hate is a given. This disc is easily as aggressive if not more than anything they have released.

I seldom dive back into artists that I listened to in the late 80's/early 90's but I am glad I have in this case.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    transplant wrote:
    for those old schoolers who were blown out of the water with Land of Rape and Honey, A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste, Psalm 69...

If you were pissed off from Filth Pig to Animositisomina, taken back by how good Houses of the Mole was......

it will be worth your effort to give this new Ministry disc a spin. Al has never been this pissed off and the subject of his hate is a given. This disc is easily as aggressive if not more than anything they have released.

I seldom dive back into artists that I listened to in the late 80's/early 90's but I am glad I have in this case.

Psalm 69 is the most hard-core, scariest, greatest thing i have ever heard.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    I was hoping the new disc might be a little more like "with sympathy"

:)

Seriously though. I used to be huge into Ministry. Actually anything Al touched was gold. Then came Filth Pig. That did it for me. My dissapointment was so huge I just dropped em. Still think Psalm 69 was one of the best discs made. I still listen to it regularly. I pretty much have everything Ministry did that was released on Wax Trax. I have Cold Life on vinyl. I have a ton of old Wax Trax vinyl actually.

Saw them in Toronto at RPM in 91 I think it was. KMFDM opened for them. Rocked!
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • Options
    Deeve wrote:
    Saw them in Toronto at RPM in 91 I think it was. KMFDM opened for them. Rocked!
    a good friend of mine saw the same bill, though it was '89. To this day he mentions how Sasha kicked him in the head during the show....lol.

though I fully understand where you are coming from, I don't expect anyone to get something based off my recommendation however I bet you would be impressed with either this new one or Houses of the Mole. worlds and worlds better than anything released in between these and Psalm 69.
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Wow, just reading brings chills to my spine... a new Ministry album? How can I miss on this kind of things... just got back from the record store and didn't see anything, if it was just released then I guess it should take like around a week to see the cd here.
    I'm just like one of those you describe trans. Raised on Land of rape and The Mind..., very disapointed with almost everything from Filth Pig to Animositisomina (though I bought all those damn albums), and quite relieved with Houses of The Mole. I'm just a loyal follower of this band. Just had the chance to see them live like a couple of years ago at this crappy metal festival (korn and deftones were the headliners), I just went to see Minitry and loved every minute of the less than a hour they played, just went nuts screaming "you're witnessing devil himself" to these kids yelling for "deftones". I just hope Satan (that's Al) realised they need to play here on their own.
    Thanks for the heads up, friend. A Ministry new album will always be on demand at my personal radio.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    barcoach you are welcome.

the official release date is May 2nd. no doubt in my mind you will like it. sorry to read you bought Dark Side of the Spoon. I refused to get that one. I haven't seen them live since Lolla '92. despite that billing, Al and crew ruled the show. I would love to see them again now that they are apparently back on their game.
  • Options
    Señor BoSeñor Bo Posts: 68
    barcoach wrote:
    Wow, just reading brings chills to my spine... a new Ministry album? How can I miss on this kind of things... just got back from the record store and didn't see anything, if it was just released then I guess it should take like around a week to see the cd here.
    I'm just like one of those you describe trans. Raised on Land of rape and The Mind..., very disapointed with almost everything from Filth Pig to Animositisomina (though I bought all those damn albums), and quite relieved with Houses of The Mole. I'm just a loyal follower of this band. Just had the chance to see them live like a couple of years ago at this crappy metal festival (korn and deftones were the headliners), I just went to see Minitry and loved every minute of the less than a hour they played, just went nuts screaming "you're witnessing devil himself" to these kids yelling for "deftones". I just hope Satan (that's Al) realised they need to play here on their own.
    Thanks for the heads up, friend. A Ministry new album will always be on demand at my personal radio.

You might want to keep an eye on their website, http://www.ministrymusic.org
    MINISTRY World Tour May - October 2006

US/Canada, Europe, South America, Mexico, Japan, Australia. Check here for updates as dates are confirmed.

Uncle Al is coming to Mexico City before the end of the year...
    I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month.
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    transplant wrote:
    barcoach you are welcome.

the official release date is May 2nd. no doubt in my mind you will like it. sorry to read you bought Dark Side of the Spoon. I refused to get that one. I haven't seen them live since Lolla '92. despite that billing, Al and crew ruled the show. I would love to see them again now that they are apparently back on their game.

Ah, at least the cover is cool... and I think from all those albums Dark Side is the one I dislike less... I think I have a boot from Lollapalooza '92, yeah, I'm sure there's a tape somewhere... that's the Ministry I love, got a bunch of recordings from that time... when I saw them live I missed the cage and the electronic drums and the whole industrial machinery -all those images from their live dvd- and of course relly missed Paul Barker, but I wouldn't complain... just singing Thieves while being crushed by all those bodies was great.

Hope those news of them coming to Mexico become real...
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    transplant wrote:
    a good friend of mine saw the same bill, though it was '89. To this day he mentions how Sasha kicked him in the head during the show....lol.

though I fully understand where you are coming from, I don't expect anyone to get something based off my recommendation however I bet you would be impressed with either this new one or Houses of the Mole. worlds and worlds better than anything released in between these and Psalm 69.

Probably was 89.... I saw KMFDM again a couple years later when they toured for Naive which was 91 wasnt it... anyways...

My sister is a huge fan. She is going to see them again in Niagara Falls and Toronto. She gets in and backstage and hangs with Al and crew. She has a few pictures of them together.

Infact, here is one. This is Al Jourgenson and my sister Heather backstage in Toronto during the 2004 tour.
    http://home.quickclic.net/~mick/HeatherAl.jpg

She is trying to get me to come to a show with her. I dunno. I am getting a little too old to be going to see metal/industrial bands :) Mind you, she is 39.....
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • Options
    InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    I have grown up with Ministry. They were never 'off their game' in my book. Filth Pig is a great record and so is Dark Side, Animositisomina and Mole. Great band. You know I'll be getting Blood on the 2nd.
  • Options
    Hope you don't mind if I bring this back up. You can actually hear audio samples from this CD at this site.

http://www.emusic.com/album/10911/10911236.html

Also, if you type in lieslieslies.mp3 on Google you'll find a site that has the single.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,856
    Looking forward to hearing the new Ministry album. I really liked Filth Pig and Dark Side... too.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16