30 Seconds to Mars

«¤tîg®ê§§¤»«¤tîg®ê§§¤» Posts: 5,137
edited August 2006 in Other Music
What do you think of the guys. Just heard a song the other day and quite like the sound. Jared Leto is the Lead Singer!! ANd no...i didnt know he was the singer till i saw a film clip. If you click on the website it will play random songs. You can see what is playing in the bottom left and side.

http://www.thirtysecondstomars.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nqYiPqkbLk&search=30%20seconds%20to%20mars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15p6Wz1tc6w&search=30%20seconds%20to%20mars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csQgDF802K8&search=30%20seconds%20to%20mars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D92AIeQMaM&search=30%20seconds%20to%20mars
he who forgets will be destined to remember
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Garbage-jmho to each his own tho :-)
    6-23-06...Pittsburgh,PA

www.myspace.com/hattricks412
  • depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    jared is great.. i've seen them a bunch of times.
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    I love them.
  • EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    I like their first album and loved the shows they played in support of that album. I just can't get into the new album though and didn't like the one show I went to in support of the newer stuff.
  • I only just heard a song by them the other night at work and came home to check it out and realised it was Jared!! Have been watching a heap on youtube today...love what I have seen so far. Can anyone tell me how long they have been around for and how many albums they have etc...please and thankyou :)
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    I saw them open for Audioslave but they didn't do anything for me...I wasn't into them at all..but that's just me.
  • EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    I only just heard a song by them the other night at work and came home to check it out and realised it was Jared!! Have been watching a heap on youtube today...love what I have seen so far. Can anyone tell me how long they have been around for and how many albums they have etc...please and thankyou :)

They've been around about five years from what I know and have two albums. Their first one is self-titled and came out four years ago. The second album is A Beautiful Lie and came out towards the end of last summer. You can also go to http://www.thirtysecondstomars.com
  • EvilMerlin wrote:
    They've been around about five years from what I know and have two albums. Their first one is self-titled and came out four years ago. The second album is A Beautiful Lie and came out towards the end of last summer. You can also go to http://www.thirtysecondstomars.com

Thanks for that Merlin. Wow...didnt realize they had been around so long.
    might check out one of their albums :)
  • orgirlorgirl Posts: 35
    I seen them open for Audioslave too. Sorry, but I thought their performance was the worst I have ever seen and Jared Leto is a self-centered dick.
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    orgirl wrote:
    I seen them open for Audioslave too. Sorry, but I thought their performance was the worst I have ever seen and Jared Leto is a self-centered dick.
    He's what really ruined their live show for me too...really annoying and totally self centered...it was like he thought he was the biggest rock star there ever was, just really arrogent......but to each their own.
  • its funny you guys say that....all i have seen is the stuff on youtube and today when i asked a few peeps abou them they said the same things....i really love a band that is just as great if not even better live than on their albums....i guess i will still listen but wont get my hopes up for a good live performance.

cheers for the feedback :)
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    Kricket wrote:
    I saw them open for Audioslave but they didn't do anything for me...I wasn't into them at all..but that's just me.

Yep...
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    i always hear The Kill on XM.. and thats a great fuckin song..been meaning to pick up the album..
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    oppie1 wrote:
    i always hear The Kill on XM.. and thats a great fuckin song..been meaning to pick up the album..

yeah i just got this album because for some reason i like "The Kill" and the rest of the album is pretty damn good, better than their first self titled album...."Attack" right now is my fav song of the new album...

as far as people saying Jared Leto is self centered as a "rockstar" isnt that kind of the perception of lead singers, all of them for the most part? there are only a few that ive met that werent "arrogant" or "self centered"
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I dont know too much of their stuff, but they arent too bad of what i heard.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I think they catch a lot of shit because of who their singer is, but he does have a strong voice, and they have some really catchy songs, I really like the song From Yesterday.
  • maeseymaesey Posts: 6
    You know, i really didn't want to admit that they were good or that i liked them for some reason. But the more i hear The Kill, it's a really good song. I guess i'm coming out of the closet... I like them.
  • r2g2r2g2 Posts: 66
    I saw them, Seether and Audioslave and I thought they were better than both. I didn't run out and go buy the album or anything but they're decent.
    I said Yeaaaaaaah!
  • I saw them live with taproot and chevelle last year in philly. I was front row and i was so god damn disapointed with 30stm. They WERE the reason i went to that concert ad chevelle and taproot both blew them off the stage. Letos voice is weak live and he has trouble hitting the notes that he lays down on the record (which are pretty amazing). I really hate that they use a lot of taped playovers... The intro to attack is one of them. Ive always hated when bands write music and lay it down on a cd and then they cant produce that sound on stage.

It would be like eddie playing a tape of the wasted reprise keyboard and just singing with it. Thank goodness for boom.

Good on CD horrible live.
    06/23/2006 - Best night of my life.
    See yins in pittsburgh 2007
    Rock on steelers!

www.myspace.com/nickpc
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    grandr0yal wrote:
    I saw them live with taproot and chevelle last year in philly. I was front row and i was so god damn disapointed with 30stm. They WERE the reason i went to that concert ad chevelle and taproot both blew them off the stage. Letos voice is weak live and he has trouble hitting the notes that he lays down on the record (which are pretty amazing). I really hate that they use a lot of taped playovers... The intro to attack is one of them. Ive always hated when bands write music and lay it down on a cd and then they cant produce that sound on stage.

It would be like eddie playing a tape of the wasted reprise keyboard and just singing with it. Thank goodness for boom.

Good on CD horrible live.

playing along side Taproot isnt the easiest thing in the world because those guys are awesome live and Chevelle is no push over either