Pearl Jam's influence on David Martinez Music

edited August 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
My name is David Martinez and I am proud to say that I will be releasing my debut record very soon. Pearl Jam is one of my favorite bands and they have had a profound effect on my songwriting and playing. I worked with great people on my debut and some of the people who played on my record have worked with people who worked with Pearl Jam.

Check it out

http://www.davidmartinezmusic.com.

Thank you Pearl Jam!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Hi David,
    Strange that PJ has been such a great influence, but you wait until you have an album to promote until you join the forum.
    Any bets on how long you will stick around, and how much you will contribute ?
    How many first time posters have had a band to promote recently ?
    Does anyone have a conversation these days without including, "you can see my stuff on myspace" ??
    Music is not a competetion.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Your 1st post in the entire Pearl Jam Message Pit is to promote your debut album -- And it's in M&G, nice.
    PLEASE KEEP YOUR SPAM TO YOURSELF and out of the Musicians & Gearheads Forum.
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • Hi David,
    Strange that PJ has been such a great influence, but you wait until you have an album to promote until you join the forum.
    Any bets on how long you will stick around, and how much you will contribute ?
    How many first time posters have had a band to promote recently ?
    Does anyone have a conversation these days without including, "you can see my stuff on myspace" ??
    It seems to be getting annoying and ridiculous. THIS is why I get so uptight when the very first post is to promote themselves...

*EDIT* I can even hear a PJ influence...
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    Your 1st post in the entire Pearl Jam Message Pit is to promote your debut album -- And it's in M&G, nice.
    PLEASE KEEP YOUR SPAM TO YOURSELF and out of the Musicians & Gearheads Forum.
    + A billion...this is getting out of hand
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • One thing I do want to mention to everybody. I am not spamming and I actually want to talk PJ.

I happen to catch the PJ unplugged from MTV the other day and I was inspired to write. It is something about the chords and riffs they use that brings that feeling out.

This version of "Porch" is timeless and I remember missing most the showing of Unplugged and then I walked into the room and Ament was on top of the drumset. I was so fired up and I grabbed my guitar and jammed along. I did happen to catch the rest and it changed my life and brought a new perspective that was missing in music back in 92.

Share your PJ unplugged story.

David Martinez
    http://www.davidmartinezmusic.com