kuyote

kuyotekuyote Posts: 7
edited August 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
this is my band kuyote I play the guitar we go for a tool meets kyuss type of sound tell me what you think http://www.myspace.com/vinylkuyote
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Niice first post...a cheap plug for your band...
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Niice first post...a cheap plug for your band...

you are joking, right?
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • kuyotekuyote Posts: 7
    yeah it is but im just curious on what some people with some good taste think about
    our music
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638

In a band? Like to talk about guitars, drums, effects? Have a gear review? Doing PJ tablature?

i mean, sure, it's spam but at least it's in the right place in the forum.
    exhausted wrote:
    it's spam.
    what do mean by spam?
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    kuyote wrote:
    what do mean by spam?
    there has been at least one person who only posts on here to plug his band....so it rubs people the wrong way, but i'm sure you won't do that, it just so happens that was your first post....no worries
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • eMMI wrote:
    you are joking, right?
    no?

Your first post isn't a question or anything regarding gear...it's plugging your band...seems kinda stupid to me but hey, maybe this guy is amazing
    no?

Your first post isn't a question or anything regarding gear...it's plugging your band...seems kinda stupid to me but hey, maybe this guy is amazing
    hows that stupid is there some unwritten rule for first post this is the place to talk about your own bands right you making a big deal about a first post seems kinda stupid to me
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    kuyote wrote:
    hows that stupid is there some unwritten rule for first post this is the place to talk about your own bands right you making a big deal about a first post seems kinda stupid to me
    No, there's no unwritten rule. It's cool that you joined, hopefully you intend to stick around and make some other contributions to the forum now that you are here.

Listened to your tune, i wasn't a big fan of the singers voice, but i did very much like the general vibe of the song. I dig your influences too.

Ps. Extremehardy is a real cool dude and would not have meant any malice towards you. If you plan on sticking around then it's totally all good.
    Pss. You need to delete Tom off your front page friends on myspace ;)
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    SPAM :rolleyes: yup, a cheap plug, and I didn't even like the tune.
    Then again I prefer Eddie Van Halen over Neil Young, so go figure.
    I guess it says something about me as a guitarist, musician, and person :p

BTW, you need some profile info.

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • Aside from the spam post and the heavy TOOL influence, I liked the opening guitar riff, pretty catchy. At about a minute fifty, I got kinda turned off. Hate to say it but you guys are what Creed is to Pearl Jam...but Creed's popular (I'm guilty of enjoying some of their stuff). Same song structure as most TOOL songs. If TOOL is your style, I guess you guys have the structure nailed (your singer is no Maynard but then again, that gives you guys your own sound). guitar seems really outta tune at during the chorus. Good luck with your project