Help Me Out - Where can I get a true bypass modded Digitech Whammy pedal?

MonsterOfTheMidwayMonsterOfTheMidway Posts: 416
edited November 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Or a original Digitech WH-1 whammy for under like $250?

Online of course.

Lil Wayne is better than Pearl Jam.

Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes 'n tricks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• You aren't going to find an orginal WH-1 for under $250. Could always check on Craigslist.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    If you can find an Original WH-1, Analog man will do a True Bypass Mod for $60 + Shipping.
    Lately the original WH-1 seems to be selling between $550-$650 + shipping, so good luck!
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    You could always get a WH4 and then buy a true bypass loop box for it.. around 60 bucks + cables. you should be able to find all online for less than 250.

Analogman makes those too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    buy a true bypass loop box for it.. around 60 bucks + cables.

Exactly my thought.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Or a original Digitech WH-1 whammy for under like $250?

Online of course.
    Highly unlikely sorry.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    You could always get a WH4 and then buy a true bypass loop box for it.. around 60 bucks + cables. you should be able to find all online for less than 250.

Analogman makes those too.
    Best option and easily in your price range.
  • It has recently been discovered that the Whammy 4 can be modded for true bypass. You just have to look around the net at certain music forums. The guy who does it is UK-based though. You might be able to find someone who will perform the mod for you in America.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2007/Nov/The_DIY_True_Bypass_Lesson.aspx

this is an article that explains what I was talking about.

For the record, you can do true bypass with a double pole double throw switch (2pdt) you just don't include the LED.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Molten Voltage can give your Whammy 4 a True Bypass:

http://www.moltenvoltage.com/whammy_mods.html

Check out the video on that page to see all eight of our mods, 7 of which we invented.

The Pitch Limiter Controls can really add a whole new dimension to your Whammy.

We can also give you custom presets for harmony settings that aren't on the Whammy.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
    ~ Molten Voltage ~ visionary effects ~