Keeley mods

kitfookitfoo Posts: 125
edited June 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone have any pedals that were modded by Keeley? Were they all you expected them to be, and did they totally blow the stock pedal away? Just looking for opinions before I send some of mine in for modding.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I have twin tubescreamers, the Plus and Baked mods. Compared to my old stock TS-9, the Plus is a major improvement in overall tone, especially clarity. The Baked mod is another world entirely, more gain and crunch. It's like a Tubescreamer distortion as opposed to the Plus mod's overdrive.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    The BOSS BD-2 MOD is pure tonal bliss comparatively (and I really liked it before).
    Everyone I've talked to that has the Keeley BD-2 MOD thinks it's the bee's knee's
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • Kegzy05Kegzy05 Posts: 93
    I would highly recommend these mods. I have the modded ts9 and ds1 and they are awesome.. The best pedals amongst my bunch. I also just put in an order for the proco Rat2, Boss Bd2 and Keeley compressor. They do great work with their pedals at Keeley and so far my dealings with them (customer service/postage etc.) has been nothing less than totally professional.
    "I dont question, our existence
    I just question, our modern needs"
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    I have the BD 2 and the TS 9 modded by Keeley and they are both just incredible. They sound absolutely amazing. I would do it again in a heart beat. You should get your pedals modded by Keeley.
  • kitfookitfoo Posts: 125
    Thanks for the replies guys! Sounds like I'll be sending my pedals in to get modded!
    I just picked up a Keeley MT-2 off Ebay. Holy crap, this thing is amazing! Although, I'm afraid to use the middle toggle setting because of their disclaimer that it will blow your speakers if you don't have a 4 X 12. (They say they're serious!)
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    Since this thread is back from the dead... I have a Keeley DS-1 with both the Ultra and seeing eye mod. It does a great job of providing marshal like distortions in a pedal. Fantastic pedal.
  • Kegzy05Kegzy05 Posts: 93
    I just received my Keeley modded Proco Rat2, Boss Bd-2 and Keeley compressor and they are all amazing. If i had to pick my five favourite pedals, it would be all five of my keeley mods.

I love the Rat for straight out noise making sessions, good for stuff like foo fighters.

And the Bd-2 is absolutely incredible, it took pole position of my favourite pedal, beating my ts9
    "I dont question, our existence
    I just question, our modern needs"
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I own these Keeley, and Luv them ALL:
    *Modded BD-2 wonderful
    *Keeley Compressor soooo good
    *Keeley Java Boost nice little extra kick
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    I hope Keeley patented those mods, because Boss might get a hold of them! Really, they should have been making them this way from the start.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    kitfoo wrote:
    I hope Keeley patented those mods, because Boss might get a hold of them! Really, they should have been making them this way from the start.

They aren't interested. Too Expensive for Roland Boss, they wouldn't see the return in scale. Price point is almost more important for BOSS. They make a good starting point to build on the skilled modders perfect the solid base.

Several different people do similar stuff to RK and co... but in my experience I trust Keeley to do them right. My stuff from him even second hand has always been supurb. He and Analogman have always done great work.

The middle position switch sound on the Keeley Rat is one of my favorite pedal tones of all time. I ended up selling it to make the money for an EGDM, but if I was to buy one again... the Keeley Rat is 1st on the list of pedals I wish I had back.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.