Please help identify Eddie's recent pedals/effects

szechuanszechuan Posts: 17
edited April 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm somewhat familiar with the guitars and amp(s) that Eddie is known to use. However, I'm not sure about the pedal(s). I read once that all he uses is a boss digital delay. However, watching Immagine in Cornice, he clearly has an ABC box (does anyone know the particulars about what box this is?) with the A labeled "DIRT", B labelled "!", C labelled "SOAP". There must be some pedals/effects that feed into this. Does anyone know what he's been using recently in that regard? In the Immagine video, there is a clip of Eddie during soundcheck and it's pretty clear he has some chorus effect added to his guitar at certain times - although I don't notice that effect during any of the performances.

Hope some of you can help me out with this!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    I'm somewhat familiar with the guitars and amp(s) that Eddie is known to use. However, I'm not sure about the pedal(s). I read once that all he uses is a boss digital delay. However, watching Immagine in Cornice, he clearly has an ABC box (does anyone know the particulars about what box this is?) with the A labeled "DIRT", B labelled "!", C labelled "SOAP". There must be some pedals/effects that feed into this. Does anyone know what he's been using recently in that regard? In the Immagine video, there is a clip of Eddie during soundcheck and it's pretty clear he has some chorus effect added to his guitar at certain times - although I don't notice that effect during any of the performances.

Hope some of you can help me out with this!
    http://www.giventowail.com should help you a bit. He used a DD5 delay for a while. I'm pretty sure he changes amps for clean and dirty channels. He's been known not to use pedals though. Dirt probably means dirty and soap probably means clean.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • I'm speculating as to whether he's using Liam's Line 6 DL 4, for Arc. Can anyone clarify, yay or nay?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It's a Framptone 3 Banger amp switcher. He's using it to switch his 3 Fender Tweed (late 50's) deluxes. More than likely each one is set a little differently thus the need for ABC or a combination thereof. I'm not sure about any effects that might be inline but that's a possibility. He did use a boss digital delay for a long time and all that work with Neil Young and his famous Wizzer could have inspired the running of the 3 deluxes I'm not sure exactly I'm just fairly certain the 3 banger is routed to the three amps and each is set up for a slightly different sound I'm also not certain if you can turn all three on at once.

He got the Framptone from Robert Keeley. you can see it there.

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=49

Keeley is the contractor who builds Framptone's (Peter Framptons effects company) pedals.

He's using a lot of reel to reel tapes for songs like ARC fins and or some other loops I think anyway.

I'm fairly sure ARC was a tape loop but he's been doing a lot of sound on sound since he got that little recorder I think. It's a lot of fun.

you probably could do that with the line 6 though at this point there are a ton of loopers that are longer and easier to manipulate on the market for that effect...if you just want the loops.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • szechuanszechuan Posts: 17
    Great info, thank you very much! Any idea what looper Ed's been using? I believe you might be right about switching between the 3 amps behind him with the Framptone. Again, I expect he has a bit of effect somewhere in there, though, since the chorus is pretty clearly heard in the soundcheck video clip. Although I can't detect any delay, so perhaps he's done with the Boss DD? Any other thoughts out there?
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I've read countless times that Ed typically does NOT use guitar effect pedals (the Robert Keeley "3-banger"
    isn't considered an effects pedal, it'a an amp switcher): click: Pearl Jam Synergy - Ed Vedder's Gear
    I wish they would finally go ahead and update Synergy, most of that stuff is like 5-years old now.
    You can also take a look here as well: click: Guitargeek - Eddie Vedder (but again, it's old stuff).

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • Frank GibsonFrank Gibson Posts: 107
    I heard about an "Echoplex Digital Pro" sampler in the past to sing ARC .....but i am not sure
    OCEANS ::: A Tribute To PEARL JAM

www.myspace.com/oceansweb