Feeling Saxy

triangleman12triangleman12 Posts: 193
edited June 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Found my saxaphone from marching band in my mom's attic while spring cleaning last week. Bought some new reeds over the weekend, had a blast!!! It's all coming back to me except for the beatings from the jocks, haha. Wondering if there is and IF where I could find any saxaphone sheet music for PJ tunes? Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    No idea BUT the sax part in Incubus' "Summer Romance"(Anti-Gravity love song) is quite possibly one of the coolest sax riffs next to Jay Z and the Roc Boys' "And The Winner Is" (sampled from The Menahan Street Band's "Make The Road By Walking")

I like jazz though.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • love that sound.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Oh, just play Baker Street and make everyone happy. :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I have always thought the Tenor Sax by Bobby Keys in "Brown Sugar" is the definitive Rock and Roll Sax moment.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Oh, just play Baker Street and make everyone happy. :p

The Foo Fighters version, haha :)
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I played alto sax for about 7 years when I was a kid. Haven't touched it since high school (now 27). Kinda miss it, but I prefer playing piano and guitar...much more fulfilling and rewarding to me at least.
  • The saxaphone is a better chick magnet though, haha.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    The saxaphone is a better chick magnet though, haha.
    Just ask Branford Marsalis (:))
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy