Track "Alive" without the drums?

RoenieRoenie Posts: 2
edited March 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi guys!
I'm a long time passionate drummer. One of the songs in my repertoire is "Alive", which I love. It sucks to play along with a track that already has drums. How do I obtain the track without the drums?

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    ok, i'll bite :), i'm assuming as a long time drummer you would know that you can't just 'take' drums out of recorded songs.

not yet anyway ;)
    seriously though, check this out. i heard about this the other day. ohhhh the possibilities.
    http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=dna
  • RoenieRoenie Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply, but ofcourse I found Celemony's software is not up to the task. I say ofcourse, because as you said - you can't really take drums out of recorded songs.

(When you load a song into it rather than an indiviual instrument, it puts all instruments into one track, and then subdivides the track into smaller parts that you can edit, based on timing. So you can't edit individual notes or instruments at all, only the pitch/sound of the entire band at once.)

I was/am kind of hoping something like what I'm after already exists. I know that bands don't record their songs with one microphone. All instruments are recorded as seperate tracks, and are then added together. So someone has those tracks, somewhere.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Roenie wrote:
    I was/am kind of hoping something like what I'm after already exists. I know that bands don't record their songs with one microphone. All instruments are recorded as seperate tracks, and are then added together. So someone has those tracks, somewhere.
    Well, good luck with that. If that doesn't work you can do it the good old fashioned way, and have your lead guitarist turn up even louder to super maximum advanced earbleeding levels ;)