Options

Guitar Stores in Seattle

dannylectrodannylectro Posts: 2
edited March 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
We're going to Seattle next week and I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the best place is to look at/buy guitars. New and used, vintage if possible. Is there one "best place" or a couple in the same area?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EdVedHedEdVedHed Posts: 100
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.......Nietzsche
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    For used and vintage, Emerald City in Pioneer Square (south end of downtown) is tops. You probably can't afford much there, although there is a sweet Tokai and a sweet Orville (both LP's) down there right now. Cool amp selection, some cool acoustics.

For acoustics, the Guitar Emporium (Freemont neighborhood, north of downtown) is awesome. Custom luthier pieces, some vintage, very new-agey vibe.

Aviator Guitars in Edmonds has some awesome vintage amps, a lot of Fender but also some Marshall, etc. It's off the beaten path, but it's worth a stop if you get up there.

The Trading Musician (north end of the U-District) is an amazing used-gear shop, with guitars, amps, drums, keys, just about everything. Some of it is cool, some of it is junk.

Guitarville in Shoreline is kinda cool, mostly run-of-the-mill stuff, but I stop in once in a while.

Lastly, American Music in Freemont is kind of the locally-owned alternative to Guitar Center. Lots of new stuff, a little used gear, good people there.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.