Suggestions

Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
edited March 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm starting to get the itch to buy another pedal for my board. I'm just not sure what to get so I'm looking for suggestions/comments on what people think is a must have. What's a pedal that they couldn't live without.

These are the pedals I have:

Dunlop 535Q Wah
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1 Chorus
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss AC-2 Acoustic

Any suggestions would be welcome.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I try not to rely on effects, I feel they become a crutch. But honestly I can't go without a tremolo pedal. Tremolo is the one effect that even though I hardly use it, I can't do with out. Or WTF, get crazy and get a Keeley Java Boost!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    I'm starting to get the itch to buy another pedal for my board. I'm just not sure what to get so I'm looking for suggestions/comments on what people think is a must have. What's a pedal that they couldn't live without.

Dunlop 535Q Wah
    MXR Phase 90
    Boss CH-1 Chorus
    Boss DD-3 Delay
    Boss AC-2 Acoustic

Like AllThoseYesterdays, I also try to be a minimalist when it comes to effects. One thing I think it doesn't hurt to have an arsenal of are OD's. There are so many good Overdrives out there. Check out a bunch of them and see what you could add. Much of this might depend on the type of amp you have.

One thing many people have that I see you do not is a Compressor.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    I would definitely recommend the Boss BD 2 and the Ibanez TS 9 overdrive pedals modded by Keeley. They are amazing pedals.
  • If you're looking for a good wah check out this site http://www.wilsoneffects.com
    Boutique and pretty affordable. Especially check out the rippah q wahs. Peace
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759

Dunlop 535Q Wah
    MXR Phase 90
    Boss CH-1 Chorus
    Boss DD-3 Delay
    Boss AC-2 Acoustic

What sound are ya going for and what amp do you have?
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    What sound are ya going for and what amp do you have?

I have a Mesa Single Rectoverb 50 Watt.

Right now I've been playing a lot of PJ as of late and I was checking out their boards and some of the things that Stone and Mike have on their boards that they've seemed to have all along is the Roto and the TS-9.

Those are the 2 that have been on my brain.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    I have a Mesa Single Rectoverb 50 Watt.

Right now I've been playing a lot of PJ as of late and I was checking out their boards and some of the things that Stone and Mike have on their boards that they've seemed to have all along is the Roto and the TS-9.

Those are the 2 that have been on my brain.

You've already got the chorus, so if you go for roto, I'd choose rotosphere over rotovibe (because the rotovibe also has chorus). If the rotosphere is too pricey, check out the Fulltone Deja-Vibe

http://www.fulltone.com/miniDV.asp
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I'd go for the BD-2 (it's the light blue one on Mike's board):
    click: MIKE MCCREADY'S PEDAL BOARD
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • i'm all about my BD-2. :D
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    The BD-2 is an amazing pedal and VERY versatile. I have a moded rotovibe too which is spectacular. I'd go with either the BD-2 or the rotovibe. The BD-2 would be my first choice, though.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    The BD-2 is an amazing pedal and VERY versatile.
    Absolutely. It's an excellent pedal for the cost.