New Wah pedal

fleahorsefleahorse Posts: 50
edited February 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
jsut a question, i was thinking of buying my first wah pedal, and wondered if anyone knew anything about the Vox V847 wah pedal or the Boss PW-10?
cheers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    The 847 is a great first wah. It's not all that expensive and it is a very traditional wah sound.

I've not tried the PW10 but the resident Boss expert is Binfrog and he loves his VWah.

generally the only complaint is the overdrive distortion feature which most people just ignore on the PW 10
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I know it's a wah, but it depends on what your looking for in the long run.

I'm a Vox V847 fan.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I own the PW10. Versatily is clearly its strong suit. It may not emulate any wahs perfectly, but damn is it a fun pedal to tool around with. Plus you can get some crazy synth sounds and a nice vibrato on one of the settings, as well as a fairly decent distortion knob. I recommend it thoroughly.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I've not tried the PW10 but the resident Boss expert is Binfrog and he loves his VWah.

hahahahaha, I responded before I saw your post.

FOILED AGAIN!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • check out http://www.wilsoneffects.com

i have the rippah q, and love it to death

lots of tonal options, emulates a bunch of wah's, q control, voice control, internal output volume buffer too.

great guy to deal with as well.
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Just make sure you get a true bypass wah.
    They all sound a little different (some have more honk or wooow to them).
    Try them all out till you find one that you like the best.

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • DjangoDjango Posts: 152
    I have the boss FW-3. Must have been 1994 or 1995 when I bought it. Still working fine. I went off the wah thing a good while ago. I only use for a Pearl Jam tribute thing I do.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I just bought an RMC Picture wah, which I am really rapt with. You can't go past a basic Cry-Baby for dependable value.
    I will say, that the most imporatnt aspect of wah performance, is the foot that is driving it. I'm really working on my technique at present, because it is crap.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I just bought an RMC Picture wah, which I am really rapt with. You can't go past a basic Cry-Baby for dependable value.
    I will say, that the most imporatnt aspect of wah performance, is the foot that is driving it. I'm really working on my technique at present, because it is crap.
    Note to all the boys here.... More regular dancing with your girls, will help you with your foot technique ;)! I shit you not.
    Nice to see you back lucylespian, have not seen you post for a little while:)
  • I just bought an RMC Picture wah, which I am really rapt with. You can't go past a basic Cry-Baby for dependable value.
    It IS all about the technique. Like bending a string at the right time, etc... it's important.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Note to all the boys here.... More regular dancing with your girls, will help you with your foot technique ;)! I shit you not.
    Nice to see you back lucylespian, have not seen you post for a little while:)

Yes, gurlie, I have been swanning around North America, couple days in San Fran, 10 days ski-ing my legs into quivering jelly at Whistler, then a coupla days in LA catching up with a friend, which included an intro to a great guy at Santa Monica with a fab collection of vintage acoustics including a 1947 Martin 00-18, which I had to be forcibly separated from after heavy sedation.
    I did not end up buying a new guitar, cos the only one that rang my bell was a PRS HB II at $5K or so.
    Grabbed a coupla pedals, the RMC and a Fulltone trem, and a bunch of music books.
    Music is not a competetion.