Effects board

fleahorsefleahorse Posts: 50
edited January 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
im just wonderin, i dont have any effects right now, and im not exactly rich, but would it be smarter for me to get a effects board like the ME-50, which is like a all in one, or single effects, the single effects would be more expensive to get the same amount of effects as with a board, but the quality would prolly be beter, so im just wondein wat u guys reckon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    I've never been a fan of multi effects boards. I think you get a much better sound out of singular pedals. You can always look on ebay, or go to a local music store to see if they have anything used that you can get on the cheap. Most of my board is used pedals but it still sounds awesome. Just an example I just picked up a used MXR Phase 90 for $45 off of ebay and it's great. The only pedal I've bought brand new was my Korg tuner which I just picked up the other day.

I guess it all comes down to what you want to do and what you budget allows.

Happy hunting.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Single pedals. Good starters that are cheap are Danelectros. Many people hate these but unless you're stopping on these and smashing them, they sound pretty good. I'd personally start out with BOSS and Ibanez pedals though. This way, upgrading won't be much of a problem. Also, you'll have a plethora of options and settings. Stone is God is right. Look on ebay! I bought 90% of my pedals off ebay and the others were all bought on clearance except for four of the pedals.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy