Storytellers Guitar??

PJim87PJim87 Posts: 18
edited November 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey I was watching the pearl jam storytellers the other day, and i saw mike playing a yellow guitar. It kinda looked like a double cut away les paul. But it looked as tho it only had 1 pickup in the bridge position. Was kinda hard to get a good look with the crappy angles and they didnt focus in on mike all that much, but I would guess that the pickup looked kinda like a p-90. So i was thinking maybe it was a les paul junior. However i didnt know they made double cut-away les paul juniors. Does anyone know, 1 what guitar it was, or 2 if that is a real guitar or what?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 58 Les Paul Junior in TV Yellow. Yes... I want one bad. He used it on most of the last tour
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    58 Les Paul Junior in TV Yellow. Yes... I want one bad. He used it on most of the last tour
    yes. i want one bad too...
    http://pearljam.com/i/tourphotos/20060524/3.jpg
  • i don't want it, but the other night i had a dream i got one.....i just remembered that.....
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Billie-Joe Armstrong from Green Day also plays one. I think Gibson has a signature one for him.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • PJim87PJim87 Posts: 18
    yah man it sounds awesome, thx.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I thought this was a 1960. The same looking guitar with 2 pups from Gibson Custom shop is descibed as a 1960 Re-issue.

And Billy-Joe plays a single cut Junior.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • If you get one just don't get a faded series one, the faded series is worther about 1/10th the price gibson puts on it.

But yes double cut-aways and P 90's are killer.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/