matt cameron, double bass or not?

12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
edited September 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
does anybody know when Matt started using double bass on his drums or if he always did? people here say he doesn't use it, but after watching IIC dvd you can clearly see the extra pedal by his hihat and the second beater. but during the solo in evenflow he didn't use the double bass, and i don't think i saw him use it any other time on the dvd. so whats up? does he/how often does he used double bass?
5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
8/7/08, 6/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I'm curious to know too..and if he does use double bass how often, and in which songs?

I had no clue he used double bass
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    ive got a lot of sg and pj dvds and he doesn't use any double bass.

Are you sure?

hmm
  • 100% positive just watch IIC and pause it at specifici drum parts, expecially even flow. i got a view of him behind the kit and you can see a second pedal to the right of his hihat pedal. then a top view where you can clearly see the second beater and the shaft connecting to the second pedal. but i never noticed him use it on the dvd, especially since he always has the hihat chicking with his left foot.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Maybe its easier for him when is he is twisted a certain way. Maybe he doesnt use the double bass traditionally
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    There is def. a second pedal on the DVD. Don't think he ever used it though.
    If fact, I cannot remember Matt ever using a double bass pedal...even with SG.
  • he may use it once in awhile to do quad fills or switch feet once in awhile ( I do this every so often to rest my right foot)...but I have never heard him blast out "reign in blood"
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?